This purpose of this paper is to test the ability to apply sociological knowledge to an
analysis of issues emerging from the field of Health and Society. Using a relevant
sociological perspective covered in the course as their theoretical framework (e.g., social determinants approach, conflict theory, intersectionality), students will focus on a topic of their choosing for their research paper. Use a minimum of 6 scholarly sources (3 from course readings (NOTE: these will be provided as part of the uploaded files), 3 outside sources) that are relevant to their topic. The length of this Research Paper will be 6 pages double-spaced, plus a Works Cited page.
- Discussing the topic from a critical, analytical and sociological perspective.
- Exploring the topic in the context of the focus area (Health &
Society), and critical analysis that considers the strengths and the
weaknesses of the research sources in light of the paper’s main research
- Avoid relying too heavily on summarizing and/or describing your research
sources, or simply describing a problem. You must engage the sources and
critically apply them to your argument (i.e., thesis). Your analysis should
address why and how this social problem/issue occurs. In other words, you
need to examine the social process by which this social issue occurs and is
legitimated in our society as normative. Make sure to draw on a relevant
sociological perspective as your theoretical framework ( NOTE:Intersectionality)
- Paper should include the following components:
1) Title page: A topic of our own choice- within the context of the course
subject matter: Health & society …
2) Introduction: introducing the topic; stating your thesis/research argument;
outlining the specified points (objectives) and research questions you will
be exploring in the paper;
3) Body of Paper: where you develop your argument with support from your
4) Conclusion: links your main ideas together;
5) Bibliography/List of references: Minimum of 6 scholarly sources (3
from course readings, 3 outside sources); use of proper referencing style such as APA
- Both direct quotes and an author’s ideas must be referenced in the paper. The
paper should primarily be written in your own voice with social science
citations crediting the scholars to whom those ideas belong. APA is the
preferred referencing style. Your references in your bibliography must include
the author’s name, the year of the publication, the exact and complete title of
the article/book, the publisher’s name, the city of publication, and (in the case
of a journal article or book chapter) page numbers.
NOTE: Please select another 3 outside sources/reading and also use the 3 reading that will be uploaded.
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.