|Write an autobiography about James Baldwin. Who was an American writer. Here is the details about the autobiography that should be included in the essay. |
1. Discuss the early socialization of the author. Include any socialization concepts, theories or information in the text chapter (By: Steven E. Barkan Published: 2021 Discipline: Sociology Textbooks ISBN (Digital): 978-1-4533-3539-0) that relate to the author’s early childhood experiences and development, such as significant others and generalized others in the life experiences of your author. These are but some specific concepts from the chapter on socialization-Many others would be applicable.
2. Sociologists such as Durkheim and sociological theories such as functionalism observe how the social order in which we live is held together by an agreement of shared values and norms that bind a community together. That is, people in a community abide by the rules and regulations of their society because they accept the fundamental values of their society and see its authority structures as legitimate expressions of this consensus. Here, rules and laws are understood as designs to benefit the totality of society and not merely a particular social class. Explain in detail how you see your author adapting to values and norms of the society in which they lived. Did he/she accept/reject this order? Explain why and how you think this is so?
3. Discuss how any theories of deviance, such as labeling, conflict, strain, differential association or other concepts related to the chapter on deviance help you to understand the experiences of your author. Please be specific and detailed, naming and defining the theory or concept you choose.
4. Discuss the social class of the author. Did this change or remain the same?
5. Is there status consistency in the social class and life of the author? Is the author concerned with social mobility? Did he or she experience upward social mobility in his/her life? If Yes, what kind? If no, why do you think that this did not happen?
6. Which theory of social class (functional or conflict) would be most useful to understand the life of your author? Why this theory?
7. Durkheim discussed the “functional nature of deviance or crime. Is his explanation applicable in explaining the act/s of deviance committed by your author? If yes or no, be specific in your explanation.
8. Please explain how the ideas and analyses of race forwarded by sociologist W.E.B. DuBois help you to understand the life and experiences of your author. Be specific.
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.