- Review the resources on the list below.
- The report should be a reflection of how your experience in your host organisation can or perhaps cannot be linked to what the theory of the managerial concepts suggests.
- The report should have a brief (100 words max.) introduction to your host organisation followed by 3 sections under the headings of Customer Satisfaction, Training and Development and Leadership.
- In each of the sections you are required to reflect on how your organisation manages and focuses on these managerial elements. You must then use the resources to reflect on how the theory relating to the managerial functions is (or perhaps) is not reflected in the normal day to day practice. You may wish to frame your thoughts in relation to some questions listed below:
• What are the key elements of the products and services offered by your internship organization?
• How do you feel that the organization focuses on each of the elements of these products and services, and what overall level of priority is given to the customer and the achievement of as high a level of customer satisfaction as possible?
• Which areas of focus do you believe should be the focus of the management of your organization, to improve levels of customer satisfaction?
Training and Development
• What are the key job-specific areas of training that make up the majority of your training program?
• How do these areas to be covered align with your expectations and aspirations?
• What are the main methods of the delivery of the training that are in your plan?
• How will / do you evaluate the development of your core competencies as a means of preparing you for your future career after GIHE?
• What experiences of leadership from your first internship do you reflect upon and conclude that they are lessons and practices that you would want to apply when you reach a similar position in the future?
• Which industry leaders, in any industry, do you regard as being a great leader and why?
• Drucker (see resources) has some very forthright views which are directly opposite the general view of what makes a good leader. Do you agree with him, or considering how management and leadership may have changed since the article was written, is his view now outdated?
Each section should be approx. 500 words, include in text referencing (to APA guidelines). Complete the report with a conclusion as to how in general, your internship is helping you to achieve your personal goals. All references and data sources used must be cited in the body of your text and appear in a reference list at the end of your paper using the correct APA format (7 th edition). References are important. They acknowledge your source and avoids risk of plagiarism. They also provide the information necessary for a reader to locate and retrieve any source you cite for further reference. It is your responsibility to check your own Originality Report and to ensure that you have removed any possible elements of plagiarism or bad practice
Format and Word Count: Reports of 1600 – 1800 words (+/- 10%). Note: the reference list and any appendices are NOT included in your word count
O1: Link specific theoretical perspectives to the ‘real-world’ industry experiences.
O2: Identify business specific issues and problems, and to develop evidence-based solutions to these problems.
Bayad, J.A., Bayar, G., Baban, J.O., Shahla, A.A., Nechirwan, B.I., Pshdar, A.H., Hassan, M.A., Bawan, Y.S., Sarhang, S., & Govand, A. (2021). Hotel service quality: The impact of service quality on customer satisfaction in hospitality. International journal of Engineering, Business and Management,5,3, 14-28. DOI: 10.22161/ijebm.5.3.2
Chang, C., & Werther, S. (2021). Talent management innovations in the hospitality industry: Insights from the winners of the hospitality HR award”, Jooss, S., Burbach, R. and Ruël, H. (Ed.). Talent Management Innovations in the International Hospitality Industry (Talent Management), Emerald Publishing Limited, 127- 151. https://doi.org/10.1108/978-1-80071-306-220211007
Gui, C., Luo, A., Zhang, P., & Deng, A. (2020). A meta-analysis of transformational leadership in hospitality research”, International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 32, 6, 2137-2154. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJCHM-05-2019-0507
Drucker, P.F. (1996). Your leadership Is unique. Christianity Today International/Leadership,17, 4, 54-55.
Hill, N. & Alexander, J. (2006). The Handbook of Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty Measurement. Gower Publishing.
Hinton, T., & Schaeffer, W. (1994). Customer focused Quality, What to Do on Monday Morning. Prentice Hall.
Lovelock, C., & Wirtz, J. (2007). Services Marketing, People, Technology, Strategy. Prentice Hall.
Solnet, D., Kralj, A., Kay, C., & Deveau, L. (2009). Enhancing educational outcomes through work integrated learning A Lodging Internship Competency Model. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Education. 21, 4.
Wilson, A., Zeithaml, V.A., Bitner, M-J., & Gremler, D.D., (2012). Services Marketing Integrating Customer Focus Across The Firm. McGraw- Hill.
• MarketLine (available on the GIHE Library database)
• Corporate website and annual reports of the host internship organisation
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.