Please use this template to help answer the questions listed in the lab instructions. The “steps” below refer to the steps listed in the lab instructions. Type your answers and post your screenshots in the spaces given.
- Write a paragraph summarizing what you learned from the articles provided. Consider the use of confidence intervals in health sciences with these articles as inspiration and insights.
Use the data set you collected for the Week 5 lab (heights of 10 different people plus the 10 heights provided by your instructor). (NOTE: This is NOT the data used in the lab video, which is about midterm grades. Do not use the midterm grades data.)
Provide a screenshot of your Week 5 Data (20 Heights)
Summarize the Preliminary Calculations (Round to 2 decimal places):
Sample Mean: ______
Standard Deviation: _______
Your Height: _________
Please answer the following questions in complete sentences:
- Discuss your method of collection for the values that you are using in your study (systematic, convenience, cluster, stratified, simple random).
- What are some faults with this type of data collection?
- What other types of data collection could you have used, and how might this have affected your study?
Calculation of 95% Confidence Interval
- Give a point estimate (mean) for the average height of all people at the place where you work. What is your point estimate, and what does this mean?
- Find a 95% confidence interval for the true mean of heights. What is the interval? [Provide a Screenshot of your work from the t value Confidence Interval for µ from the Confidence Interval tab on the Week 6 Excel spreadsheet]
- Give a practical interpretation of the 95% confidence interval [Write a complete sentence].
Calculation of 99% Confidence Interval
Now, change your confidence level to 99% for the same data.
- Find a 99% confidence interval for the true mean of heights. What is the interval? [Provide a Screenshot of your work from the t value Confidence Interval for µ from the Confidence Interval tab on the Week 6 Excel spreadsheet]
- Give a practical interpretation of the 99% confidence interval [Write a complete sentence].
Compare Margins of Error
- Would the margin of error be larger or smaller for the 99% CI? Explain your reasoning.
- As the confidence level increases, what happens to the Margin of Error?
Save and Submit
Be sure your name is on the Word document, save it, and then submit it. In the assignment module, click “start assignment” and then “upload file” and “submit assignment”.
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.