Theory or Conceptual Framework Search and Exploration of SPSS Software
This week, you will focus on a theory of your choice and a pre-identified conceptual framework. According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, the definition of a theory is an idea or set of organized ideas to explain something. Typically, this is an event or fact. There are theories in every discipline of study. You are encouraged in this assignment to find a theory that aligns with your topic of interest or one that has interested you during your previous courses. In your U dissertation, if you are pursuing a Ph.D., you will be required to have at least one theory. A DBA will use a conceptual framework.
According to Business Dictionary.com, a conceptual framework is a theoretical structure of assumptions, principles, and or rules that bring together ideas to create a broad concept. In essence, the conceptual framework can be a model, a diagram, or a framework that guides you through a process. By conducting a simple Internet search, you will find many images and ideas of the conceptual framework. Remember, from last week; the goal is to determine the reliability of what you find: research, research, research.
In your dissertation, the theory or the conceptual framework helps you develop the research questions and the literature gap that you research. The problem typically is the gap in the research. Your study will seek to fill this gap.
In your next research course, Stats I BUS 7105, you will use SPSS software for quantitative analysis of data. The directions for accessing this software and downloading it to your computer is below.
Be sure to review this week’s resources carefully. You are expected to apply the information from these resources when you prepare your assignments.
Week 6 – Assignment: Analyze Differences between Theory and Concept Research
Assignment: Part 1
Write an annotated bibliography of two theories and two conceptual framework models. Use your knowledge from Week 4 about writing an annotated bibliography. This week, you will keep the sources to only theories and conceptual frameworks. You may use any theories and conceptual frameworks you choose.
1. Name the theory or conceptual framework in a heading.
2. Write two or three paragraphs about the author, the concept of the theory, or the conceptual framework.
3. Write at least one paragraph of the use in history and today or why it is not used today.
4. Write a conclusion about your thoughts on the theory or conceptual framework.
Assignment: Part 2
Using the instruction below, access the SPSS page, and create an account. Include a screenshot of this account in your paper. Write a paragraph of your experience getting to this stage.
U includes the IBM SPSS Statistics software as a component covered by the Course Materials Fee. You will need this software for your statistics course(s) and may wish to use the software for other courses and/or your dissertation.
Here are the steps to do so:
1. Register for an account using the SPSS page link in the weekly resources. Use your U email address during registration.
2. You will receive an email confirming your account has been created. Click on the email link to complete the registration process (step-by-step visual is also attached).
3. Download and install the software. Information about installation, common tasks, troubleshooting, and more can be accessed at IBM’s Knowledge Center link found in this week’s books and resources.
4. Include a screenshot of your open account (remove any account numbers or personal information) and add this page to your paper.
Length: 5-7 pages
References: Include a minimum of five (5) scholarly resources.
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to University’s Academic Integrity Policy.
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.