For this assignment, you will write a short documented research essay. Short documented research essays are writing assessments that allow students to think critically and practice one or more research writing skills such as summarizing, paraphrasing, and direct quoting. In addition, short documented research writing also requires that you document your research with an MLA style formatted works cited page and include textual referencing to introduce the authors of your sources and reference one of the experts they allude to in their research.
Before you begin this assignment, please be sure to have reviewed the How to Navigate Library Databases video (Time: 5:49; closed captions available) for assistance with source selection. You must select at least one scholarly source for this assignment with a popular source to supplement. Keep in mind, you can always select two scholarly sources instead of one scholarly, one popular.
Moreover, in alignment with the course theme, this short documented essay will encourage you to addresses the relationship between food and addiction.
To begin, download the Template and save it to your computer.
Use the template to build your essay. Your essay must include a clear thesis and address the following questions:
- Why are eating habits so hard to break?
- Do you think it is possible to be addicted to a specific food or food in general?
- In addition, one of your two sources (most likely the popular source): can be found online; however, you want to make sure that the web sources end with the following domain extensions: .edu, .gov, or .org. However, if you locate the popular source within the Schoolcraft College online periodicals, .com sources are acceptable. With regard to the scholarly sources, you may use Google Scholar or the Schoolcraft College online periodicals. Do not use Wikipedia as a source, but you can use it as a starting place
- Include MLA parenthetical citations to document your research.
- For example, if you quote from an article, be sure to follow with citation that includes the author’s last name and page number where applicable – (Freedhoff 3).
- Include a works cited page that documents your two sources in MLA format.
- Your essay should be 2.5-3 pages long, double spaced, typed, include MLA citations, and a corresponding works cited page.
- Use one or more of these resources to help you write the citations:
- MLA 9th Edition Help Page
- Modern Language Association (MLA) Style Center
- Purdue OWL Web Site
- Calvin University KnightCite
Please save your assignment as a Word document (.docx) and attach it in the assignment submission area by the listed due date. Name the file as LastnameM3, where “Lastname” is your last name (i.e. JohnsonM3.docx).
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.