Outcomes addressed in this activity:
- Identify the placement and principles of firewall use.
- Select authentication protocols from tunneling protocols.
- Name remote access methods and technology.
Identify network attacks and mitigation responses.
In this assignment, you will examine key hardware devices in protecting computer networks. This includes examining firewalls, switches, and devices required for remote communication.
Assignment 1 Instructions
Using Credible Sources, Justify Your Answers to Questions
Answer the following 12 questions by selecting the one best answer for each. Cite your course texts, or other credible source, and provide a 50- to 100-word explanation of why you chose your answer for each question.
- You are aware that any system on the demilitarized zone (DMZ) can be compromised because the DMZ is accessible from the Internet. What should you do because of this?
- Implement both DMZ firewalls as bastion hosts.
- Implement every computer on the DMZ as bastion hosts.
- Implement the DMZ firewall that connects to the Internet as a bastion host.
- What is a disadvantage of a hardware firewall compared to a software firewall?
- It has a fixed number of interfaces available.
- It has lower performance capability than a software firewall.
- It is easier to make configuration errors than in a software firewall.
- Which type of firewall only examines the packet header information?
- Stateful firewall
- Kernel proxy firewall
- Packet-filtering firewall
- Which protocol should you configure on a remote access server to authenticate remote users with smart cards?
- Which protocol uses encryption to protect transmitted traffic on virtual private network (VPN) connections and supports the transmission of multiple protocols?
- L2TP over IPSec
- An organization wants to implement a remote dial-in server to ensure that personnel can connect to the organization’s network from remote locations. The authentication protocol must include encryption to prevent hackers from accessing the network. Which protocol should be used?
- You have deployed a modem to allow remote users to connect to your network. You need to ensure that only users from specific locations can access your network using the modem. What should you deploy?
- What are characteristics of the cut-through switching method?
- Frames are discarded if they are runts or giants.
- It has less latency than the store-and-forward method.
- The cyclic redundancy check (CRC) is computed after a frame is copied to the switch’s buffer.
- Only the destination address is copied into the switch’s buffer before a frame is forwarded to its destination.
- Option a
- Option b
- Option c
- Option d
- Options a and c
- Options b and d
- Which of the following is the most critical item from a disaster recovery point of view?
- Communication links
- Business continuity and disaster recovery planning primarily addresses the ________ principle of the CIA triad.
- Risk is defined as the combination of which of the following?
- Probability of an event and its consequences
- Exposure and attack surface
- Risk landscape and attack modalities
- Risk management is a process aimed at achieving an optimal balance between which of the following?
- Maximizing profit and minimizing legal claims
- Realizing opportunities for gain and minimizing vulnerabilities and loss
- Maximizing controls and minimizing countermeasures
Answers contain enough information to adequately answer the questions and contain no spelling, grammar, or APA errors
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.