- Training program for Psychologists in a specific healthcare organization (NHS – National Health Service) that treats mental health disorders for children and young adults (under 18).
- Need at least 10 references.
Prompt: You are tasked with creating a training plan for a group of American professionals (the profession you choose will depend on what is closest to your combined majors). The professionals you are training will be working overseas for two years in a country of your choosing. Many of the professionals have never traveled to the country you have chosen and need to undergo an extensive training program. In your group, you will need to create a viable training plan that will help facilitate intercultural competency development to prepare these leaders for their work. Your plan will need to detail what the professionals need to know about the country they will be working in and the specific skills they will need to work with their new colleagues in another culture successfully.
To successfully complete and deliver this project, you must emphasize intercultural competence.
The specific details are below.
Your project must have the following components:
- Explain the profession your trainees are a part of and why it is essential in the 21st century.
- Which country will your trainees be working in, and why did your group choose that country?
- What is the connection/relationship between the chosen country and the United States?
- Thoroughly explain your chosen country’s cultural, social, political, and economic background. (The ideas and transitions between these three should be seamless)
- What cultural differences would they notice, and what specific skills would the trainees need to develop to work successfully? Give specific examples where cultural differences might be evident.
- Design and demonstrate specific activities that will help the trainees to:
- Communicate appropriately and effectively with people and groups in other cultures.
- Recognize patterns of ethnocentrism and prejudice that would impede intergroup interaction
- Develop tools for conflict management and negotiation
- Describe the valuable lessons the trainees could learn that is different from their US-based cultural dimensions/perspectives and the impact and significance of leadership.
- Your project will also extensively discuss how specific leadership qualities, styles, characteristics, and paradigms will impact your trainees.
***Your final assignment must be at least ten pages long, no more than 15. APA format.
***The RUBRIC for grading criteria is after the following outline
Some suggested sites for references are at the end.
I have started a basic outline but it is incomplete: It is only for guidance. Please follow the prompts in the directions.
General Topic: Introduction to what intercultural competence (ICC) is and its importance.
1. Purpose of training plan? (hook)
2. Introduce intercultural competence
3. Introduce group organization:
4. How ICC will positively impact influences, healthcare/work environment/communication
5. “Thesis” (purpose)
1. Go more into detail about ICC
2. What skills can you learn from ICC?
3. Communication across countries:
4. -> possible misunderstandings or accidental offense
5. -> valuable lessons of ICC
1. How does ICC relate to Health care?
2. -> Use Pubmed article as resource?
3. Describe how mental health disorders are a rising and growing issue.
4. -> economic costs (globally)
General Topic: Introduce our organization/ Professionals/ Work Abroad Location
1.) Explain the profession your trainees are a part of and why it is essential in the 21st century.
2)Which country will your trainees be working in, and why did your group choose that country?
a)What is the connection/relationship between the chosen country and the United States?
Paragraph 1: Focus Group
1. What type of professionals are involved in this training program?
2. Who qualifies to go? How many people are going?
3. What is required experience for these people?
Paragraph 2: Location
1. Where are they going?
3. a)What is the connection/relationship between the chosen country and the United States?
Paragraph 3: Key learning outcomes
1. What are the key learning outcomes of the ICC training?
2. -> Communicate appropriately and effectively with people and groups in other cultures.
3. -> Recognize patterns of ethnocentrism and prejudice that would impede intergroup interaction
4. -> Develop tools for conflict management and negotiation
5. -> Describe the valuable lessons the trainees could learn that are different from their US-based cultural dimensions/perspectives and the impact and significance of leadership.
Page Three (Intercultural Competence Training Design)
1. What are the training expectations and criteria for success? (expectations: aim to provide a safe space to encourage respectful curiosity and practice self-reflective learning)
2. Where did we go to look for tools we could use for our own training? (literature review)
3. Literature review 1:
4. What tool are we using from this literature source? (IDI)
1. Literature review 2:
2. What tools are we using from this literature review?
3. Literature review 3:
4. What tools are we using from this literature review?
General Topic: Humans are socialized to view reality through the lens of ingroups and outgroups, which can lead to an “us and them” mentality and numerous biases
Paragraph 1: Teach each person how their own personal biases can create outgroups
Paragraph 2: Looking at how each person can unconsciously discriminate or hold prejudice towards a certain group.
Paragraph 3: Have an exercise where each employee rates a random person through a 1-10 system and show them their hidden biases
General Topic: The nature of social interactions, and the cultural differences that exist with respect to interpersonal relationship expectations.
Paragraph 1: Learning about how cultural differences affect social interactions and how to fit in with expectations
Paragraph 2: types of interpersonal relationships—including strangers, friends, romantic partners, and more; the dimensions along which interpersonal relationship
Paragraph 3: dialectics and their impact on relationships; the concept of face and its relevance to intercultural relationships; and steps one can take to improve intercultural relationships.
Page Ten (Wrap up proposal & Conclusion)
Page Eleven (Citations/Resources/References)
|Content & Fluency: A detailed paper/project that fully addresses prompt and connects main ideas with concepts and theories in and beyond the class. Ideas are fully developed||50 points rated as: Excellent (50): Good (40): Satisfactory (30): Poor (20): Unacceptable (10):|
|Evidence: Paper/project provides the required scholarly citations in APA format as well as relevant, insightful, and polished (explained and analyzed well) examples to support perspectives.||30 points rated as: Excellent (30): Good (25): Satisfactory (20): Poor (15): Unacceptable (10):|
|Communication: Well-organized and persuasive points. Quality is consistent. There are fewer than 3 errors. Thesis (main idea) and conclusion are robust, clear, and highlight significance and impact of the work discussed.||30 points rated as: Excellent (30): Good (25): Satisfactory (20): Poor (15): Unacceptable (10):|
|Execution: All directives in the assignment instructions have been met.||Excellent (10): Good (8): Satisfactory (6): Poor (4): Unacceptable (2):|
SUGGESTED SITES FOR REFERNCES/CITATIONS: I NEED AT LEAST 10
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.