Create a 12-15 page complete teaching plan, synthesizing previous work with an assessment plan for the course to create a cohesive whole.
Assessment is a key to teaching and learning. In this assessment, you will select meaningful ways to assess the teaching and learning in the course you have been designing, and will tie together each of the parts of your course design.
Note: Assessments in this course build on each other and must be completed in sequential order.
For this assessment, you will build an assessment plan of your own that fits with your course plan. Your assessment plan should blend seamlessly into the course components that you have already designed. To that end, you will consolidate the work you have already completed in earlier assessments with the assessment plan here in order to create a clear, concise, focused teaching plan that meets the needs of the content, learner population, and environment.
Take time to reflect on the following questions as you craft your assessment plan for your course, conducting additional research as necessary.
What types of assessment do you believe are most appropriate for your educational topic and intended audience?
- How will you evaluate whether or not learning outcomes were accomplished?
- Do the assessments you selected support cultural competence?
- How will the assessments demonstrate that learning has occurred?
- As you select the assessments that you will use, what is your rationale for the type of assessments you will use? Explain how these assessments support differences in learning styles (visual, auditory, kinesthetic)?
Also, before completing your final, complete course plan, be sure to make any necessary changes or improvements based on what you have learned over the course overall.
(Optional) Practice implementing these considerations in the Vila Health challenge provided in the Resources before beginning your work here.
As you prepare to complete this assessment, you may want to think about other related issues to deepen your understanding or broaden your viewpoint. You are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of your professional community.
Note that these questions are for your own development and exploration and do not need to be completed or submitted as part of your assessment.
- What criteria would you use to evaluate computer-assisted instruction (CAI) tools?
- How can social media be used to facilitate the educational process? What are some of the potential limits or pitfalls of its use?
- If you are currently a nurse educator, do you routinely conduct course assessments? If so, is that assessment data used for classroom or course improvement?
- How will you as a nurse-educator stay up-to-date on important trends that impact your field?
Create a complete teaching plan for your course that fuses together all previous course components and includes the addition of a detailed assessment plan.
Your complete teaching plan should provide:
- An overview of the course topic, environment, and learner population.
- An explanation of the learner outcomes for the course as well as the learning theory or theories that are the foundation of the course.
- An incorporation of evidence-based best practices to enhance learner motivation in your selected learning environment and format.
- An integration of appropriate teaching strategies, techniques, and learner outcomes for nursing and healthcare education for use in specific situations and populations and of evidence-based best practices for classroom and learner management.
- A consideration of barriers to learning when designing and developing educational programs and an integration of cultural competence in nursing and healthcare educational offerings.
- A logical, well-designed assessment plan that addresses these points:
- A selection of assessment types that are most appropriate for the content, environment, and learner population.
- An explanation of how you will evaluate whether or not learning outcomes were accomplished in the course, and how assessments will demonstrate that learners have learned as intended.
- An analysis of how your selected assessment types support cultural competence as well as fit for learners with varied learning styles.
Organize your plan as follows:
- Title page.
- Table of Contents.
- An overview of your course (topic, setting audience, and so on).
- Learning Theories and Diversity (Assessment 1).
- Teaching Strategies (Assessment 2).
- Management and Motivation (Assessment 3).
- Assessment Strategies (designed in this Assessment).
Your completed plan should be clear and flow together well. It should show cohesion, understanding, and the application of best practices, and all writing should be professional and free of errors.
- Format: 12-point Times New Roman or Arial font, double-spaced in Microsoft Word.
- Length: 12–15 pages, plus a title page and a references page.
- Use correct APA format, including running head, page numbers, and a title page.
- Use and cite at least 10 references, and at least five of them from peer-reviewed journals that are not required for this course.
- Writing should be free of grammar and spelling errors that distract from content.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the course competencies through the following assessment scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 1: Appraise the influence of learner’s culture, gender, and experiences on teaching and learning.
- Apply knowledge of methods of thinking, learning, and communicating to specific learning situations.
- Consider barriers to learning when designing and developing educational programs.
- Integrate cultural competence in nursing and healthcare educational offerings.
- Competency 2: Apply educational theory and evidence-based teaching practices when implementing teaching strategies.
- Apply appropriate theory to optimize the teaching experience and learner outcomes.
- Competency 3: Apply a variety of teaching strategies appropriate to diverse learner needs, content, and desired learner outcomes.
- Incorporate evidence-based best practices to enhance learner motivation in a selected learning environment and format.
- Integrate appropriate teaching strategies, techniques, and outcomes for nursing and healthcare education for use in specific situations and populations.
- Design appropriate and meaningful assessments for a course.
- Competency 4: Integrate best practices for classroom management.
- Integrate evidence-based best practices for classroom and learner management.
- Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with the expectations of a nursing education professional.
- Develop a teaching plan for a selected topic that demonstrates flow, cohesion, and application of best practices.
- Support identified position with effective written communication using appropriate spelling, grammar, punctuation and mechanics, and APA style and formatting.
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.