|The Practice of Management Assignment 1 Brief, Week 10 Team presentations on a chosen Critical Theory and PLC (30%)|
|Quality of Introduction where the chosen CT and chosen PLC are outlined|
|Clear analysis of the chosen CT, and its use for CT and CMS|
|Clear analysis of the chosen CT’s application to the wider business / management world|
|Clear analysis of the chosen CT’s application to the chosen PLC|
|Quality of structure, presentation, referencing, academic analysis, team-work (based on ‘Cognitive Diversity) referencing, and 250-word ‘Critical Reflection’|
|Overall Comments / 2nd-marker comments|
|Agreed Mark:||Signed / date:|
“The purpose of this assignment is to develop Level 6 (Year 3) abilities in team-work, research, communication, academic analysis, and a professional approach to study.”
, The Practice of Management, Assignment 1:
- Date of distribution: Week Commencing
- Date of presentation: Week Commencing, Week 10 (Part 1 and Part 2)
Background: Since Week 1, we have been studying Critical Theory (CT), Critical Management Studies (CMS), The Manager of Tomorrow, and Cognitive Diversity. CMS analyses management and organisations from a ‘critical’ perspective, making use of Critical Theory (CT), which often criticises and critiques management rather than praising management, and draws attention to overlooked and ignored aspects of businesses and organisations, and the way they are managed.
- Form teams of a maximum of four (4) students
- Choose ONE Critical Theory (CT) from the longer list in our main e:book / textbook by Tadajewski*, available here: “Key Concepts in Critical Management Studies” (2011), by Mark Tadajewski, available FREE as an e;book form the London Met Library here: https://0-search-credoreference-com.emu.londonmet.ac.uk/content/title/sageukkcmngt?tab=entries
- There are over 50 Critical Theories (CTs) to choose from, and each ‘Critical Theory (CT) is approx. two pages long.
- You can NOT choose one of the three we have already studied in class (i.e. Marxism, Feminism, Capitalism / Anti-Capitalism).
- Choose ONE UK-based Public Limited Company (PLC), preferably a creative one (e.g. a media / broadcasting company, a publishing company, a fashion company, or a music company, etc). See https://www.hl.co.uk/shares/stock-market-summary/ftse-all-share for a list of all UK PLCs, and choose ONE. Your task is to analyse the most recent Annual Report, available from the website of your chosen PLC.
- Ideally, as there is so much choice, each team should select a different CT, and a different PLC.
The Assignment is in two parts, Part 1, and Part 2.
PART 1: Team presentation
Referring to your chosen CT, your task is to:
- Explain your chosen CT in further detail, and how it relates to CT and CMS more widely
- Demonstrate how your chosen CT can be used and applied to analyse and critique business and management in the wider world
- Show how your chosen CT can be used and applied to analyse and critique the PLC of your choice, with clear recommendations for any suggested changes or impact on your PLC’s improvement
- On ONE slide / page, visually present your team profile, showing how you made use of Cognitive Diversity within your team, as you prepared for and delivered this assignment
- Present your analysis to the class in a 15-minute (maximum) presentation, including a brief Q&A, where all team members contribute. Use either PPT and upload your file to the Turnitin site by (Week 10). Your presentation should be highly visual, inter-active, and multi-media, with images, charts, graphs, tables, and hyper-links to websites, video, or audio.
PART 2: Team ‘Critical Reflection’ (use the PRO-FORMA, below)
After all presentations are complete, as a team, use the Pro-Forma (below) and write a 250-word full-referenced ‘Critical Reflection’ of the team assignment, using the following structure:
- your team’s preparation and performance,
- each team member’s preparation and performance,
- how you and your team made use of your team’s Cognitive Diversity,
- the performance of the other teams you saw,
- agree that either (i) all team members should receive the same grade, or (ii) if one (or more) team members deserve a higher grade
Upload this Word file (one file per team) to the Turnitin site by .
Notes: Practice and rehearse your presentation before you actually present – that way, you will be more confident. Ensure everyone contributes equally behind the scenes, on the day, and after the presentation for the ‘Critical Reflection’. You will need to engage in further research on your chosen CT, and your chosen PLC. / *See your ‘Reading List’ on WebLearn. You will all need to approach this Assignment 01 in a pro-active and enthusiastic style.
See the ‘Team Critical Reflection’ PRO-FORMA, below:
MN6066 The Practice of Management / Assignment 01
PRO-FORMA FOR EACH TEAM, TO BE COMPLETED, ONE PER TEAM
Team Critical Reflection (250 words) / deadline =, uploaded onto the Turnitin site
|Name of chosen PLC|
|Name of chosen Critical Theory (CT)|
|Student Name||London Met email||ID number|
Please place ‘x’ in one box below:
|1 Equal Shares|
|2 Peer Assessment|
1: Equal Shares: I / we agree confirm that the work for this presentation was conducted by each member of the group equally (‘equal shares’).
2: Peer Assessment: I / we agree confirm that the work for this presentation was conducted by each member of the group equally, although student XXXXXXXX may be awarded a higher grade due to their exceptional contribution (see our ‘Critical Reflection’).
3: Our 250-word ‘Critical Reflection’ is below:
Our 250-word ‘Critical Reflection’
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.