Using the information in the required readings, as well as some additional research in peer-reviewed sources, complete your SLP assignment by answering the following:
- What are the specific reimbursement methods used by each of the major third-party payers?
- What are the specific incentives and the risks for the providers under the various payment types?
- What are the differences between insurance-negotiated rates and the private pay fees charged to uninsured patients for health care services? Is there a difference, and if so, how much is it? Provide an example of what is charged for one specific service (appointment, test, etc.).
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to support your analysis.
- Provide a response of 3-5 pages, not including title page and references
- As we have multiple required items to be addressed herein, please use subheadings to show where you’re responding to each required item and to ensure that none are omitted.
- Support your paper with peer-reviewed articles, with at least 3 references. Use the following link for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals:
Angelo State University Library. (n.d.). Library Guides: How to recognize peer-reviewed (refereed) journals. Retrieved from https://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php
- You may use the following source to assist in formatting your assignment:
Purdue Online Writing Lab. (n.d.). General APA guidelines. Retrieved from https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/.
- For additional information on reliability of sources, review the following source:
Georgetown University Library. (n.d.). Evaluating internet resources. Retrieved from https://www.library.georgetown.edu/tutorials/research-guides/evaluating-internet-content
Findlay, S. (2016). Medicare’s new physician payment system. Health Affairs/RWJ Foundation, 1-7. Retrieved from https://www.rwjf.org/en/library/research/2016/04/medicare-s-new-physician-payment-system.html.
Kaiser Family Foundation. (2019). Paying a visit to the doctor: Current financial protections for Medicare patients when receiving physician services. Available at https://www.kff.org/medicare/issue-brief/paying-a-visit-to-the-doctor-current-financial-protections-for-medicare-patients-when-receiving-physician-services/
Medicare Payment Advisory Commission. (2016). Physician and other health professionals payment system. Available at https://www.medpac.gov/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/medpac_payment_basics_21_physician_final_sec.pdf
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.