Create a case scenario for a patient who experiences transitions across three points of healthcare delivery. For example: a patient who is admitted through the Emergency Department, rushed to surgery, and transferred to the surgical intensive care unit; or a patient who transitions from an assisted living facility to the hospital and then to a long-term acute care facility. These are just two examples, however you can be creative as you create the case scenario.
The case scenario should be no more than 2 pages, double spaced, in length. The case scenario should come immediately after the title page in your assignment. Be sure to include the following:
- Details regarding the patient and related health concerns
- Description of transition across three specific points of care delivery (such as described above)
- Integration of at least two principles of care coordination demonstrated by nurse leader(s) within the scenario
Part 2: Written Paper
In a 2 to 4– page paper, address the elements below. Use a minimum of 4 peer-reviewed scholarly sources, current within 5 years, to support your work. See rubric for specific, required content criteria within each section of the paper:
- Provide an introduction to the paper.
- Explain the transitions in point of care delivery portrayed within the case scenario. Discuss the variables that could impact safety, quality, and continuity of care for the transitions described.
Identify one specific patient outcome for each transition that occurs, and explain why that outcome is appropriate. Identify one evidence-based strategy to support outcome achievement and person-centered care for each of transition that occurs.
- Discuss the role of the nurse leader to assure safe, high quality, person-centered care across the points of care delivery described in the case scenario. Identify and apply at least two principles for care coordination to assure safe, high quality, person-centered care as portrayed in the case scenario.
- Provide a conclusion to the paper.
- Sources older than five years may not be used without the permission of the class professor.
- Title page, pagination, subheadings, body of paper, citation of sources, and reference page must follow APA guidelines as found in the most current edition of the manual.
- Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, punctuation, sentence and paragraph structure are followed and consistent with formal, scholarly writing as noted in the most current edition of the APA Manual.
- No more than one short direct quote (15 words or less) may be used in this assignment.
- First person should not be used within this assignment.
- Please note: If you do not receive a proficient rating in any major content category, you can re-submit your assignment with revisions in those content categories to receive a better grade. You have one additional opportunity to revise after the initial submission in order to make improvements. The initial submission must be a complete paper, rough drafts will not be graded. All revisions must be submitted no later than Sunday of Module 7 at 11:59pm. (You cannot revise your graduate-level writing style for a higher grade in that category).
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.