The company is beginning to take shape. You have already analyzed a key process, process improvement, and productivity quality management and its tools. We now turn to supply chain management.
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT (SCM)
The SLP focuses on the supply chain management of your company.
Two types of research are required for SLPs in this class:
- General research on SCM which may be found in course readings, the library, or online.
- Research on real companies engaged in the type of business that you have chosen.
Company Overview (may be the same every module).
Provide an overview of your company.
- Company name
- Location (can be virtual)
- The type of business. Keep the concept simple and focused on one thing. Be specific.
This section should be no longer than ½ page
SCM in the Industry
- Research the importance of supply in the industry. Provide background on the concept.
- Identify how your company uses supply chain management (include purchasing and distribution).
- Explain how the company can use supply chain management based on industry research.
This section should be 1 page in length. Research is required.
Successful supply chain management demands a high level of integration among various parts of the organizations. Develop integrated supply management strategy, including suppliers, internal supply chain, and customers. Discuss internal supply chain and integration.
Generate a graphic of Supply Chain Mapping. Use a free online tool, components within Microsoft Office, or draw by hand (scan or take a picture of the drawing) and include it in your submission.
Supply Chain Mapping Graphic will cover 1 page.
This section should be 1½ pages in length. Research is required.
Linking Supply Chain to Strategy
- Review integrated supply chain with suppliers and customers.
- Provide insight into how supply-chain links to operations strategy.
- Articulate challenges and possible solutions.
This section should be 1 ½ pages in length. Research is required.
Since you are engaging in research, be sure to cite and reference the sources in APA format. The paper should be written in third person; this means words like “I”, “we”, and “you” are not appropriate. For more information see Differences Between First and Third Person. The excessive use of quotes or unoriginal content will directly impact performance since it suggests lack of comprehension and indicates that a student may not have mastered the concepts.
Module 3 SLP Background Readings
The Supply Chain Economy: A New Framework for Understanding Innovation and Services (9 pages) 2017
Prologue: Purchasing and Supply Management (5 pages) By Syed Abdul Rehman Khan and Zhang Yu
Supplier Management in Service Industry: What can be Learned from Automotive Manufacturing? (19 pages) By Robert G. Batson
SLP Assignment Expectations
Use the attached APA-formatted template (OPM500 SLP3) to create your submission.
Your submission will include:
- Trident University International’s cover page
- The body will be 4 ½ to 5 pages with APA citations (plus Supply Chain Mapping Graphic) (2- to 3-sentence introduction, body, 2- to 3-sentence conclusion)
- The reference list page in APA format
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.