Over 72 million Americans are currently covered by Medicaid (along with coverage by the SCHIP programs), which makes Medicaid the single-largest source of health insurance coverage in the United States. Depending on income, children, pregnant women, parents, senior citizens, and individuals with certain disabilities are able to access the health care system for needed services. In this Case Assignment, benefits, eligibility, financing, and reimbursement levels will be examined – including how the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act impacted the program. How do the economics of Medicare reimbursement levels vs. private insurance reimbursement levels affect health care systems and providers?
Using the information in the required readings, as well as some additional research in peer-reviewed sources, complete your Case assignment by answering the following:
- Examine the benefits and eligibility of the Medicaid program. Who can be covered, and what are the specific income restrictions when qualifying via financial status? How did the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act change the income determination methodology?
- Describe how the Medicaid program is financed. How much do the individual states (including your home state) contribute?
- Determine how the average Medicaid reimbursement level specifically compares to the average reimbursement for private insurance. How can these reimbursement levels affect the bottom line at your facility?
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to support your analysis.
- Provide a response of 3-5 pages, not including title page and references
- There are multiple required items to be addressed herein; please use subheadings to show where you are responding to each required item and to ensure that none are omitted.
- Support your paper with peer-reviewed articles, with at least 3 references. Use the following link for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals:
Angelo State University Library. (n.d.). Library Guides: How to recognize peer-reviewed (refereed) journals. Retrieved from https://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php
- You may use the following source to assist in formatting your assignment:
Purdue Online Writing Lab. (n.d.). General APA guidelines. Retrieved from https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/.
- For additional information on reliability of sources, review the following source:
Georgetown University Library. (n.d.). Evaluating internet resources. Retrieved from https://www.library.georgetown.edu/tutorials/research-guides/evaluating-internet-content
Kaiser Family Foundation. (2019). Ten things to know about Medicaid: Setting the facts straight. Available at https://www.kff.org/medicaid/issue-brief/10-things-to-know-about-medicaid-setting-the-facts-straight/
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. (2019). Medicaid: The basics. Available at https://www.rwjf.org/en/library/research/2019/02/medicaid-the-basics.html.
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.