Top of Form
Jean Watson’s influence on nursing practice is significant. As all theorists do, she has a perspective through which she views nursing care and practice.
1) Describe the five patterns of knowledge and how they can be applied in nursing practice.
- Empirical knowledge
- Esthetic knowledge
- Personal knowing
- Ethical knowing
- Emancipatory knowing
2) Summarize the main points of Jean Watson’s theory of human caring, including the 10 carative factors.
3) Determine how Jean Watson views the following patterns of knowledge:
- Empirical knowledge (the science)
- Esthetic knowledge (the art)
- Ethical knowing (what constitutes good actions for that patient)
- Personal knowing (nurse-patient relationship)
4) Explain which pattern(s) are more evident or easier to apply in Watson’s theory of human caring, citing specific examples to support your explanation.
5) Cite a minimum of two in-text sources, and include a page or slide with APA-formatted references, depending on how you format your assignment.
900 words paper
Level Heading Suggestions
I recommend you view the grading rubric as well as the assignment instructions and use the grading rubric to establish level heading within your paper to match. This will assure you address each section. Also, consider the percentage of the points earned for each section. For example, level one heading (centered) for this assignment could be:
Patterns of Knowledge (with level two headings being each type of knowledge)
Jean Watson’s Theory of Human Caring
Patterns of Knowledge as Viewed by Jean Watson
Patterns of Knowledge Easiest to Apply
There are many different levels of headings (one, two, three, etc). Each level is typed differently in the essay (see the sample APA paper). All of the level headings I listed in bold above will all be level one headings (centered and in bold font with each major word capitalized). Then if you need to further outline some of the information within a level one heading you would use a level two heading (bold font at the left margin with major words capitalized), then for your next topic, you would go back to a level one heading.
For example, I listed the five patterns of nursing that should be applied in this week’s assignment.
Peart, J. & MacKinnon, K. (October/December 2018). Cultivating praxis through Chinn and Kramer’s emancipatory knowing. Advances in Nursing Science, 41(4), 351-358. doi:
Snyder, M. (2014). Emancipatory knowing: Empowering nursing students toward reflection and action. The Journal of Nursing Education, 53(2), 65. doi:10.3928/01484834-20140107-01
On page 45 in McKenna and Murphy (2014), there is mention of how emancipatory knowing (sociopolitical considerations) was added later to Carper’s original work related to patterns of knowledge/knowing. Consider why this pattern was added and does it make sense in today’s social and political climate? How might you consider these issues as you work on your assignment?
McKenna, H., Pajnkihar, M., Murphy, F. (2014). Fundamentals of nursing models, theories, and practice. Malden, MA: John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
1)Accurately described the five patterns of knowledge and how they can be applied in nursing practice
2) Clearly summarized the main points of Jean Watson’s theory of human caring, including the 10 carative factors
3) Thoroughly determined how Jean Watson views the patterns of knowledge
4)Thoroughly explained which pattern(s) are more evident or easier to apply in Watson’s theory of human caring, citing specific examples to support explanation.
6) Cited a minimum of two current, peer-reviewed sources in APA format
7) Followed a structure that is clear and concise; effective use of level headings, submission is free of grammar and syntax errors
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.