Discussion Assignment Instructions
The student will complete 1 Discussion in this course spanning two Modules: Weeks for each Discussion, comprised of an initial thread in the first Module: Week of the Discussions. The student will post one thread of at least 250 words Week. For each thread, students must support their assertions with 2 scholarly citations in current APA format. Any sources cited must have been published within the last five years. Acceptable sources include the textbook, the Bible, and other scholarly sources.
1. It is best to avoid using direct quotations from the textbook or any other source (except possibly a short Scripture verse) in any of your threads or replies. These submissions must be in your own words (paraphrased) so that you clearly demonstrate your mastery of the material.
2. Do not attach a Microsoft Word document; rather, type directly into the textbox or copy and paste from a Microsoft Word document directly into the textbox.
3. Be conversational, but stay on topic. Do not simply repeat information you find in our textbook, but incorporate your ideas and unique perspectives. After you write your post, compare what you have written to the assignment instructions (for the initial thread and for the reply posts) to insure that you have addressed each discussion point.
4. Include citations and references in current APA format.
5. Finally, proofread your work carefully to catch spelling, capitalization, grammar, and sentence structure errors. Refer to the grading rubric to ensure an outstanding grade.
In the 1980’s, Francis Schaeffer chastised those who compromised their view of Scripture and had accommodated the culture in the name of “love.” Schaeffer wrote:
“Here is the great evangelical disaster – the failure of the evangelical world to stand for truth as truth. There is only one word for this – accommodation: the evangelical church has accommodated to the world spirit of the age… Truth carries with it confrontation. Truth demands confrontation: loving confrontation, but confrontation nevertheless. If our reflex action is always accommodation regardless of the centrality of the truth involved, there is something wrong.”
Do you see this happening today? If so, in what ways? If not, perhaps you disagree with Schaeffer. If you disagree and believe the culture needs to “love” more, describe why. What do you believe is the best approach to speaking truth in love when it comes to controversial issues? Your thread must reveal an in-depth exploration of the question in a comprehensive answer reflecting specific concepts and principles.
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.