Privacy breaches are serious offenses that negatively affect the trust between nurses and patients. To maintain this trust, nurses must maintain the privacy and security of patient information. Read the scenarios below related to the protection of health information.
A nurse posted the following comment on her social media page: “Can this shift be any longer? It started out with a waiting room full of nagging people that don’t seem to know what “emergency” means. Then I had to deal with the drama of trying to transfer a 400 lbs. (no joke) intubated COPD patient down the hall to the ICU, those ICU nurses are such divas and I wasn’t in the mood for their whining. Someone help!
- Describe the privacy and security issues related to this social media posting.
A nurse educator is preparing a presentation poster for an infectious disease conference. She includes pictures of varying stages of a client’s lesions in the poster.
- Describe the privacy and security issues related to the inclusion of patient information on the poster.
- Marcus was admitted to the hospital from a long-term care facility. He was diagnosed with dehydration and delirium. He is expected to return to the facility. The charge nurse at the facility calls for an update regarding his status.
- Describe the privacy and security issues related to sharing this information with the long-term care facility.
Please read the question carefully to understand all the components. Then respond in a scholarly manner following the Graduate Discussion Grading Guidelines and Rubric while adhering to APA guidelines. Our interactive discussion addresses the following course outcomes:
CO 4: Evaluate the types of healthcare information systems, knowledge-based systems, and patient care technology and the impact on patient safety, quality of care and outcome measurement. (PO7) (DNP Essentials IV; DNP/C: I-III).
CO 5: Appraise consumer health information sources for accuracy, timeliness, and appropriateness. (PO7) (DNP Essentials IV; DNP/C: I-III).
CO 6: Resolve ethical and legal issues related to the use of information, communication networks, and information and patient care technology. (PO6) (DNP Essentials II, IV; DNP/C: I-III).
Reflection on Learning
Reflective inquiry allows for expansion in self-awareness, identification of knowledge gaps, and assessment of learning goals. Each week, you will reflect upon what you have learned and complete a reflective journal assignment: Reflection on Learning. Each weekly reflection is placed in one document, which will be submitted for grading at the end of Week 7. There is no weekly reflection in Week 8 because a reflection is incorporated into the discussion question. Please review the Reflection Guidelines and Rubric for complete assignment requirements. Create a document where you will keep your weekly reflection.
Reflect upon your Week 6 learning journey in NR706 and address the following in two paragraphs:
- As you assess your learning, provide one specific example of how you achieved the weekly objectives.
- What skills do you need to implement the concepts learned this week and how will you develop them?
- What do you value most about your learning this week?
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.