600 Word Discussion, APA
Based on the evidence from this week’s readings and resources, please discuss two or more of the following (below). Support your discussion by using the readings and videos from this week’s material.
- How would you define health inequities/disparities?
- What are the 2 main health inequity contributors discussed in the videos?
- Discuss the different pathways through which racism can contribute to health inequities.
- How and why do health disparities have a great impact on society?
- Summarize and discuss the main contributing factors to health inequities? and methods to eliminate health inequities?
- Briefly explain how do you think SDOH are related to health inequities?
- What are strategies you will use, as a nurse, to tackle racism and mitigate health inequity?
- What do you identify as challenges in helping eliminate health disparities?
- How well do you think nursing education helps you understand health inequities/disparities? reflect on your experience. List a few (3 or more) suggestions to improve this area in nursing education?
- Lowe, J. (2014). Health equity research: A new ongoing series in nursing research. Nursing Research. DOI: 10.1097/NNR.0000000000000075
- Smith, G. R. (2007). Health disparities: What can nursing do ?. Policy, Politics, & Nursing Practice, 8(4), 285-291. doi:10.1177/1527154408314600 .
- Phillips, J. M., & Malone, B. (2014). Increasing racial/ethnic diversity in nursing to reduce health disparities and achieve health equity. Public Health Reports, 2. DOI: 10.1177/00333549141291S209
- Carabez, R., Pellegrini, M., Mankovitz, A., Eliason, M., Ciano, M., & Scott, M. (2015). “Never in all my years…”: Nurses’ education about LGBT health. Journal of Professional Nursing, 31(4), 323-329. DOI: doi.org/10.1016/j.profnurs.2015.01.003
YouTube video: What Is Health Equity, and Why Does It Matter? (Full Interview) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWNgUXyvDuo
YouTube video: How racism makes us sick? https://www.ted.com/talks/david_r_williams_how_racism_makes_us_sick?referrer=playlist-the_link_between_health_and_racism
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.