The highest level of scientific investigation demonstrated in the FBA is the experimental analysis. The experimental analysis exemplifies the rigor of control as the practitioner manipulates environmental variables to evoke and abate the problem behavior. The consistent control of evoking and abating the target behavior demonstrates the functional relationship between environmental variable(s) and the target behavior(s).
For this assignment, select an experimental analysis of problem behaviors such as the Iwata’s full functional analysis (FA), brief FA, latency-based FA, trial-based FA, precursor FA, or the IISCA. Provide the benefits and limitations of the selected experimental analysis. Describe the conditions of your experiment to test the hypothesized function(s) or contingencies influencing the behaviors of concern. Provide hypothetical data and a visual display (graph). Be sure to incorporate values of compassion and cultural humility when selecting and conducting the experimental analysis. You can refer to the Capella Compassion Code [DOCX] for more details.
Part 1: Select the Experimental Analysis
Select the experimental analysis to be conducted for your functional behavior assessment. Provide the benefits and limitations of the selected experimental analysis. Provide a rationale for why you have chosen this method for the person or character you chose in your first assignment. Please include in your rationale how you considered compassionate approaches when selecting your experimental analysis.
Part 2: Describe the Experimental Analysis
Describe the conditions and procedures of your experimental analysis. Be sure to program for the appropriate establishing operations as suspected from the descriptive assessment. Please include in your rationale how you considered compassionate approaches when conducting your experimental analysis.
Part 3: Display Hypothetical Data and Interpret Results
For ethical reasons, DO NOT conduct an actual experimental analysis of behavior for this assignment. Instead, generate hypothetical data to show outcomes you might expect if you were to conduct the experimental analysis. Present the hypothetical data and result of the experimental analysis in a visual display. Be sure to use an appropriate graph to display the data, demonstrating experimental control. Interpret the results.
Part 4: Conclude the Experimental Analysis
Conclude the results of the experimental analysis by providing a confirmation of the functional control between environmental variables and problem behaviors. In other words, confirm the function(s) influencing problem behaviors. For the IISCA, confirm the functional control between the synthesized contingencies and problem behaviors.
Your assignment should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: References and citations are formatted according to current APA style guidelines. Review Evidence and APA for more information on how to cite your sources.
- Resources: A sufficient number of scholarly or professional resources.
- Length: 4–5 double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.
Refer to the Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Research Guide for help finding resources.
Refer to the Experimental Analysis Scoring Guide to ensure you understand the grading criteria for this assignment.
Your work will be evaluated using this criteria.
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 1: Assess the environmental variables and functions of behavior.
- Describe the conditions aligned with information from the descriptive analysis of the selected experimental analysis.
- Competency 2: Assess client’s skills, deficits, and preferences to determine appropriate intervention needs.
- Explain the rationale for choosing a particular experimental analysis, including the benefits and limitations.
- Competency 3: Apply knowledge of functions of behavior.
- Provide a visual display of data and interprets the data with minimal errors.
- Confirm the function(s) or contingencies influencing problem behaviors based on the experimental analysis, and it is supported by the visual display with minimal errors.
- Competency 4: Apply compassionate approaches to assessment procedures.
- Explain how compassionate approaches were considered when selecting and implementing the assessment procedures.
- Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly and consistent with expectations for professionals in the field of psychology.
- Demonstrate an academic writing style through well-organized prose that follows assignment guidelines.
- Demonstrate compliance with APA style, citation, and referencing guidelines.
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.