For this case study, you will create an engaging, 20-minute recorded presentation on condition management, that encompasses pharmacological and non-pharmacological utilizing evidence-based guidelines within the last five years. Pick one of the following cases:
- Sherri is 48-year-old African American female with hypertension on Lisinopril 40mg with reports of the systolic blood pressure consistently over 160 in the last three weeks. Today in the clinic, the patient is 162/90 and she reports taking her medication daily. Her Heart rate is 72, Temperature 98.4, Respirations 16 and Oxygen Saturation 98%. She comes to the office because she has had a sore throat for several days and stuffy nose, which was found to be strep negative. She has no fever or cough. What should you recommend for her sore throat and stuffy nose and why? What precautions should you give her regarding over-the-counter medication because of her medical history and why? Discuss the medications that you will prescribe and/or recommend. Include patient education for the visit, as well. Include diagnostics and work-up, as deemed appropriate for the clinical guidelines.
- Hailey, a 32-year-old Hispanic female has a 13-year history of asthma. For the past two-months, she has been using albuterol every day. Previously, she had been using the inhaler every 3 to 4 months. She is in the office for a refill. What further information is needed to treat this patient and why? What is her asthma classification? Which clinical guidelines should you refer to for her medication management and why? Discuss the medications that you will prescribe and/or recommend. Include patient education for the visit, as well. Include diagnostics and work-up, as deemed appropriate for the clinical guidelines.
- Shaon is a 41-year-old African American male with a history of hypertension and hypertriglyceridemia. Current medications include: ezetimibe 10 mg daily, niacin SR 1,000 mg at bedtime and HCTZ/lisinopril 25/20 mg daily. He complains of lack of energy, core weight gain, and a decrease in erections. Labs reveal: testosterone 180 ng/dL (193–836 ng/dL) with normal TSH/thyroxine, FSH, LH, and PSA. Is this patient a candidate for testosterone therapy? Why or why not? Which, if any, of his medications are contributing to his symptoms? Discuss the medications that you will prescribe and/or recommend. Include patient education for the visit, as well. Include diagnostics and work-up, as deemed appropriate for the clinical guidelines.
The presentation should include an overview of the health problem identified, an in-depth review of the associated epidemiology, anatomy and physiology, clinical manifestations/symptoms, diagnostics/work-up, and an overview of treatment methodologies, including pharmacological and non-pharmacological management; in addition, include patient education. If your scenario has specific questions. You can use a slide in your presentation to address the questions.
Your presentation should be prepared in PowerPoint and recorded with voice over narration (.PPT or .PPTX file) and in APA Format. The PowerPoint should have a conclusion slide to summarize the points of the presentation, title slide and reference slide. Illustrations should be used. A minimum of 4 scholarly references are required.
- Due: Monday, 11:59 pm PT
- Format: Microsoft PowerPoint, APA Format
- References: A minimum of 4 scholarly references are required.
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
Do you have an urgent order? We have more than enough writers who will ensure that your order is delivered on time.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
We will not disclose the nature of our services or any information you provide to a third party.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.