PART 1- Quiz
Quiz Value= 50 points
Please type your answers to the following quiz questions and post in canvas by the due date. Please number your answers. NO LATE QUIZ ANSWERS WILL BE ACCEPTED- so please submit on time. You will not be penalized for wrong answers as long as it is clear that you attempted to answer the questions using the material that you read in the text. Correct answers to the quiz questions will be posted after the due date of this assignment. You are expected to check your own answers for accuracy.
- Psychology is the scientific study of what 2 things?
- Who is considered the Father of Psychology and what year did he establish the 1st psychological lab for studying people?
- The belief that the unconscious mind has an influence on one’s behavior is part of what approach in psychology?
- Which perspective focuses on mental processes?
- What is the focus of the Humanistic perspective?
- Dr. Fish is interested in understanding interpersonal behavior, especially prejudice and other attitudes. It is likely that he is what type of psychologist?
- What type of psychologist is interested in applying the principles of psychology to the legal system?
- Henrietta was sent to the school psychologist to be tested. Based on her IQ, she was placed in a program for gifted children. This is an example of which goal of psychology?
PART 2- “PLAY PSYCHOLOGIST” ASSIGNMENT
Assignment Value = 50 points
Directions: Using what you have learned from chapter 1, consider the following case and answer the questions.
CASE- Billy Bob is a 5 year old boy in Kindergarten. His mother recently received a call from his teacher expressing concern for some “violent” behavior that Billy Bob had been displaying at school. After meeting with the teacher, Billy Bob’s mom learned that Billy Bob had actually beat up several other Kindergartners. He punched, kicked and even made another child bleed. We can all agree that this is not normal behavior for a 5 year old, but it is certainly possible. “PLAY” psychologist and come up with at least 2 potential explanations of why Billy Bob may be acting this way. Then provide advice to Bill Bob’s mother as to what type of psychologist you believe would be most appropriate for Billy to receive treatment from. Explain why you chose the type of psychologist that you did. Type your answer under your quiz answers and label it “PLAYING PSYCHOLOGIST”. There is no set length to your answers, but in order to receive full credit make sure that you answer ALL components of the question. Spelling and punctuation count. NO LATE ASSIGNMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED SO PLEASE TURN IN ON TIME.
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.