- 1. If you studied your desktop computer to determine the basic units used by the computer to store information, you might be considered a ______________.
- 1. A collection of photoreceptors organized in such a way that a light excites the photoreceptors in the middle but inhibits photoreceptors toward the outside is also known as a(n) ___________.
|basic receptive field|
|excitatory receptive field|
|center-surround receptive field|
|complex receptive field|
- 1. After a stroke, Henry can remember things from his past but is unable to remember new information. Henry has _______________.
- 1. Consequences are important for behaviorist theories because consequences establish ______________ between stimuli and behavior.
- 1. Disruption in language or speech is referred to as ____________.
- 1. In vision, the dorsal pathway::ventral pathway as _____________.
|frontal lobes::temporal lobes|
|occipital lobes::parietal lobes|
|parietal lobes::temporal lobes|
- 1. Memory tests that require you to describe knowledge from memory are known as __________ memory tests.
- 1. Nonconscious forms of long-term memory that are expressed as a change in behavior without conscious recollection make up _____________ memory.
- 1. Processing part of a sensory input for additional details at the expense of others parts involves ________________.
|shifting where you are looking.|
- 1. The ____________ is activated whether you are imagining yourself dunking a basketball or imagined your friend dunking a basketball.
- 1. The ________________ brain system in reading is important for relating visual information to meaning once reading skill increases.
- 1. The four types of models of object recognition include all of the following except __________.
- 1. The point at which the intended meaning of a sentence is clear is called the ____________.
|points of understanding|
|moment of insight|
|linguistic clarity marker|
- 1. The processing associated with the motor system in which stored information is used to plan and produce actions and to anticipate, predict, and interpret the actions of others is (a/an) __________.
- 1. The superiority of distributed practice over massed practice is known as the ____________.
|intentional learning principle|
|massed learning effect|
- 1. When participants are shown a stream of letters, they have difficulty indicating the presence of a probe letter if it is presented between 100 to 500 milliseconds after a target letter. This interval is referred to as a(n) __________________.
|no processing zone|
|period of blindness|
- 1. ______________ distinguish(es) imitation from mimicry.
- A person’s abstract knowledge of her language is referred to as linguistic:
- According to _____, language strongly influences the way that a person perceives the world.
- According to the ________________ model, expected utility is equal to the sum of the probability times the utility of each possible outcome.
- In the _____ stage of skill acquisition, the individual develops a declarative encoding of the skill.
- Little executive attention is needed when a task is ______________.
- People prefer __________ when it comes to gains and ___________ when it comes to losses.
- Representations can be modality specific, meaning that they ____________________.
|are situation specific|
|use perceptual or motor systems|
|rely on the most common occurrences|
|cannot be generalized|
- Some patients with Broca’s aphasia:
|A.||can generate but not comprehend speech.|
|B.||can comprehend and generate speech.|
|C.||cannot comprehend or generate speech.|
|D.||can comprehend but not generate speech.|
- The attentional controller activates nodes in a neural-network based on
|similarity across representations|
|amount of conflict in the response layer|
|relevance to goals|
- The modal model of memory was proposed by _________________.
|Brown and Peterson|
|Atkinson and Shiffrin|
- The order of the three stages of language comprehension is:
|A.||parsing, perception, utilization.|
|B.||parsing, utilization, perception.|
|C.||perception, parsing, utilization.|
|D.||utilization, parsing, perception.|
- The problem space includes the start state, goal state, and ________________.
|moves that lead to a correct solution|
|all states, possible or not.|
- Together, short-term mental storage and manipulation operations are called
- When speakers correct themselves, they tend to correct:
|A.||the entire phrase.|
|B.||the entire clause.|
|C.||the entire sentence.|
|D.||only the incorrect word.|
- You are helping coach a Little League team. You notice that your players have a better batting stance and swing after you demonstrate the proper technique. What is a possible explanation for this observation?
- ______________ takes place after a stimulus is identified and before a response is executed.
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.