Complete the Campus Crisis Simulation [Note to writer: Link to the Video is: https://h5p.org/h5p/embed/1276491]. In this scenario, you will assume the role of Dean Reyes and make a series of decisions to address the situation being presented, primarily in regard to the students and the overall campus unrest over the issue. Continue to make choices presented to you until you reach the end of the scenario.
Post: Write around 300-400 word analysis reflecting on your engagement with the Campus Crisis Simulation. Respond to the following questions and prompts.
- How well do you think you did with the choices you made in the simulation? Why?
- Which of the three Student Affairs competencies covered in this module (counseling, advising, and managing crisis) do you think you focused or used when working through the scenario? Why?
- You were only given limited choices in the simulation. Given what you’ve learned from this week’s readings and resources, what might have been a more effective way to deal with the campus crisis?
Use the APA style to format your in-text citations and references.
[Note to writer: In Week 3’s Discussion, the instructor gave me a comment and got few points deducted and I have his comment below. The reason that I am giving it to you is to learn from it and not to make the same mistake in this or the coming discussions or assignments. Overall did well and the deducted points were minimal.]
“Thanks for your initial discussion post and responses. You offered some good thoughts, some of which was tailored to the details described in the scenario. Keep trying to tie the points you make back to what you’ve read in our textbook and other readings/resources. For example, you make some supervisory recommendations that don’t seem connected to any readings or resources. We want to make sure you aren’t just offering opinions but are applying what you’ve read to the scenario.”
REQUIRED BOOKS AND RESOURCES FOR COURSE #6
- Schuh, H., Jones, S. R., & Torres, V. (2017). Student services: A handbook for the profession (6th ed.). Jossey-Bass. ISBN: 9781119049593.
REQUIRED READINGS FOR WEEK 4
- Evans, N. J. (2020). Addressing the emotional needs of students in the classroom during crisis. About Campus, 25(3), 11–14.
- ebook: Hodges, S. J., Shelton, K., & King Lin, M. M. (2016). The college and university counseling manual: Integrating essential services across campus. Springer Publishing Company.
- Simulation: Campus Crisis Simulation
- Video: College Students Discuss MENTAL HEALTH
- Blog: Pietrzak, A. (2022, February 8). You can do hard things: How to be a supportive advisor to student leaders. NASPA.
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.