In this assignment, you are to research one of the nine colleges founded during the Colonial Era and make a presentation utilizing at least 12-slide screencast. You do not need to create an actual screencast as the most important thing is to find out the content of the screencast and not the beautification. But assume that you are creating professional 12 slide screencast [excluding the Title and References Slides] that would be appropriate to use for a professional conference or for a formal workplace presentation. The entire assignment needs to have at least 14 slides, with 2 out of the 14 slides for Title and Reference Slides.
[Note to writer: You will put everything in a Word Document but label each slide with a name and separate them in the word document by slide number like Slide 1, Slide 2, etc and put the content under each of them as if you are creating an actual screencast. But everything should be in one Word Document and not an actual screencast]
Nine colleges were founded during the Colonial Era. Review the table The Nine Colonial Colleges below which provides some basic information about America’s first colleges.
Your task is to research one of these nine colleges and present a profile of the college in a presentation. Include interesting historical information and pictures.
Here are some of the things that you should look for [You can add more than these points]:
- Who was the first president?
- Why was the school founded?
- What was the purpose of the school?
- Why was a certain location chosen?
Make sure the historical background of the chosen institution is explained thoroughly, historical facts are included to make the presentation interesting, information in the presentation is accurate, there is no grammar, punctuation or spelling errors, and finally
REQUIRED BOOKS AND RESOURCES FOR COURSE #7
- Thelin, J. R. (2019). A history of American higher education (3rd ed.). Johns Hopkins University Press. ISBN: 9781421428833.
- Bacon, L. (Director). (1940). Knute Rockne–All American [Film]. Warner Brothers.
- Merrow, J., Tulenko, J. D., Glasser, C., Heus, J., Isaacs, S., Wald, D., & Ryan, P. (2005). Declining by degrees: Higher education at risk. Distributed by PBS Home Video.
- Washington, D. (2007). The Great Debaters. Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM).
REQUIRED READINGS FOR WEEK 1
- 9 Colonial Colleges [Note to writer: PDF Document attached]
- Baum, S., Kurose, C., & McPherson, M. (2013). An overview of American higher education. Future of Children, 23(1), 17–39.
- Brittingham, B. (2009). Accreditation in the United States: How did we get to where we are? New Directions for Higher Education, 2009 (145), 7–27.
- The Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. (n.d.). Basic Classification.
please follow appropriate APA formatting for the entire paper and including your references.
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.