Using the information in the required readings, as well as some additional research in peer-reviewed sources, complete your SLP assignment by answering the following:
- Briefly research the leading methods of continuous quality improvement in health care, including Plan-Do-Study-Act, Rapid Cycle Improvement, FOCUS-PCDA, Lean, Six Sigma, and the FADE Model. Which of these (alone or in combination) could best be used for continuous quality improvement in your current or intended future job setting, and why? Please keep in mind that these methods are not mutually exclusive, yet managers often allow one method to be dominant in their respective health care settings.
- Present the method of your choice (and your specific rationale for choosing it) in a PowerPoint presentation to your colleagues. Be clear in outlining the key steps to the process you chose, and also explaining what they will need to know to implement the method correctly in your setting.
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to support your presentation.
- Provide 10-14 quality PowerPoint slides of bulleted-point information content (with speaker’s notes), not including title page and reference slides. Don’t forget to use in-text citations on the slides.
- Support your paper with peer-reviewed articles and reliable sources. Use at least two peer-reviewed sources. For additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals, see:
Angelo State University Library. (n.d.). Library Guides: How to recognize peer-reviewed (refereed) journals. Retrieved from https://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php
and for evaluating internet sources:
Georgetown University Library. (n.d.). Evaluating internet resources. Retrieved from
- You may use the following source to assist in your formatting your assignment:
Purdue Online Writing Lab. (n.d.). General APA guidelines. Retrieved from https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/.
- Paraphrase all source information into your own words carefully, and use in-text citations.
- Be sure that you do not cut and paste material into your slides, but use proper quotations where needed, and also citations for all reference materials. The same expectations apply to PowerPoint presentations as to documents.
Cookson, R., Asaria, M., & Ali, S. (2018). Health equity monitoring for healthcare quality assurance. Social Science & Medicine, Vol. 198, 148-156. Retrieved from the Trident Online Library.
Hallam, C.R.A., & Contreras, C. (2018). Lean healthcare: Scale, scope and sustainability. International Journal of Health Care Quality Assurance, 31(7), 684-696. Retrieved from the Trident Online Library.
Harnett, P. J. (2018). Improvement attributes in healthcare: Implications for integrated care. International Journal of Health Care Quality Assurance, 31(3), 214-227. Retrieved from the Trident Online Library.
Hayhurst, C. (2018). The quest for quality: Navigating the changing landscape of healthcare technology regulations. Biomedical Instrumentation & Technology, 52(3), 182-191. Retrieved from the Trident Online Library.
Henker, H., Fox-Lewis, S., Tep, N., Vanna, D., Pol, S., & Turner, C. (2018). Healthcare
workers’ perceptions of an organizational quality assurance program implemented in a
resource-limited setting: A qualitative study. Health Promotion Perspectives, 8(3), 179-186.
Retrieved from the Trident Online Library.
Manzanera, R., Moya, D., Guilabert, M., Plana, M., Gálvez, G., Ortner, J., & Mira, J.J.
(2018). Quality assurance and patient safety measures: A comparative longitudinal analysis.
International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 15(8), 1568-70
Retrieved from the Trident Online Library.
Stan, L. (2018). Quality management in healthcare: Performance improvement. Manager,
(27), 85-92. Retrieved from the Trident Online Library.
Vockley, M. (2017). Safety innovations: Healthcare system takes bold step with continuous
monitoring. Biomedical Instrumentation & Technology, 51(4), 312-317. Retrieved from the
Trident Online Library.
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.