The ability to understand, interpret, and re-represent information is a hallmark of research practice. Researchers are required to comprehend complex information and conceptualise it into a form that can be easily understood by the target audience. This assignment is an opportunity for you to demonstrate your competence in this area. To that end, you are invited to review the following extract and article, before addressing the task that follows.
In a Channel News Asia (2021) article, Dr Paul Lim, a lecturer of organisational behaviour and human resources at Singapore Management University (SMU) was interviewed to talk about mentorship in the workplace. “Research has also shown that mentoring leads to increased job satisfaction… This shows there is lower intention to leave the company. (Employees) tend to be more committed to the organisation. While these benefits of mentorship aren’t unique to life under COVID-19, they could combat the impending ‘resignation tsunami’ due to the pandemic – a term mentioned by senior lecturer from the National University of Singapore’s Business School, Ms Wu Pei Chuan, in a CNA commentary.”
Source: Yeoh, G. (2021, October 2). IN FOCUS: Can good mentorship at work lead to a more fulfilling career – and life?. CNA. https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/focus-mentorship-companies-career-workplace-work-2203076
Apply your knowledge of research methods by evaluating the extant literature on mentorship and its impact on working adults. Identify ONE peer-reviewed journal paper that you feel would be appropriate to educate working adults on the influence of mentorship and prepare an academic poster that can effectively communicate this study’s unique findings. This academic poster is intended to be used in print media forms and applied to common spaces within local office premises (e.g., staff lounge).
- The academic poster will be graded against the following three competencies which contribute to the construction of a meaningful academic poster:
- Critical thinking (making reasoned judgements that are logical and well-thought out).
- Communication (distribution of messages clearly and concisely, in a way that connects with the audience).
- Creativity (turning new and imaginative ideas into reality).
- Students are advised to use Microsoft PowerPoint to design the academic poster.
- All relevant information should be displayed on a single page, including references.
- The academic poster formatting instructions are as follows:
- All original authors’ names from the selected peer-reviewed journal paper must be included in this document.
- Format margins to A1 size which is 84.1cm by 59.4cm.
- The word limit for this assignment is 500 (includes all content but excluding references).
- Main title should be 70 to 80 points font size.
- Sub-headings between 40 to 50 points font size.
- Normal text minimum is 20-point font size.
- Reference list minimum is 14-point font size.
- Apply APA7 formatting, where relevant and necessary (e.g., font, referencing).
Additional guidance and material:
- Across the top of the poster, please include the study title, author(s) and their affiliation (e.g., school) in a text box.
- Across the rest of the poster, please organise text boxes to summarise sections of the study, including an abstract, a brief introduction, the method (e.g., surveys), results (e.g., graphs or tables, for visual interest), a brief discussion and FIVE key references from the selected peer-reviewed journal paper.
- The academic poster should be clear and easily legible from distances of 1 to 2 metres.
- Points should be communicated in less than 60 seconds. Observe brevity and clarity.
- The academic poster should be self-explanatory and tailored to the audiences’ needs.
- It is important to consider both the theoretical quality and aesthetic appeal of the poster.
- Price, M. (2011). The perfect poster: Experts reveal the art behind displaying your science. American Psychological Association.
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.