Presentation Assessment: Biblical Origins of the Constitution Assignment Instructions
Prior to beginning this assignment, complete Watch: The Constitution – Part 1 and Watch: The Constitution – Part 2 as found in the Learn items for Module 1: Week 1. These presentations were recorded live at convocation at Liberty University shortly before the election of 2008. Although David Barton refers to that election, the basic principles are valid at any time.
Almost 10 years later, David Barton appeared with Governor Huckabee to discuss the moral failure in the United States for taking God out of the public square. This interview – the Constitutional Christian – is divided into four parts
- America: Our Roots
- America and Divine Providence
- Removing God from America
- America: One Nation Under God
Using the information from the presentations, and current issues in America today, you will write a 3- 5 page essay in current APA format. Your essay will have an introduction, conclusion, and level headings. You will include a title page, a reference page, one additional scholarly source not more than six months old, and at least three biblical references which include the full text of the scripture verse. Include the video presentations and the Bible in your reference list. These do not count as “additional sources”. Wikipedia, and similar sources, are not permitted. Do not simply write parts of Barton’s presentation verbatim.
As a reminder, collaborating with other students on this assignment or borrowing answers from other students’ work is considered plagiarism and will be treated as such.
- Explain the problems confronting the Constitutional convention in 1787, how they were addressed, and the role of God in the creation of the Constitution.
- Barton gives several examples of scriptural references in the Constitution. Name any two principles, give the complete text of the applicable scripture, and explain how this constitutional principle does, or does not, work in practice today. Give specific examples.
- Barton gives four examples of political issues, based on the Ten Commandments, which receive God’s highest priority. Select any one political issue and discuss how it is either in or out of compliance with God’s law. Discuss a specific court case related the political issue and the applicable commandment.
- According to Barton’s presentation, the government should not be involved in meeting the needs of the poor. Cite a verse in the Bible that instructs us how to help the poor. Give an example of how you, your community, or your church serves the poor. Compare this to a similar government program. Who provides a better outcome to the recipient? Explain.
Note: Your assignment will be checked for originality via the SafeAssign plagiarism tool.
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.