The purpose of this Prenatal Development Reflection Essay Assignment is to increase your knowledge of prenatal development and to reflect on a question that is considered somewhat controversial: “When does life begin?”
- Locate the article “When do human beings begin? Scientific myths and scientific facts,” by Dianne Irving (found in the Jerry Falwell Library and the Resources section) and download a PDF copy of it.You can read it online or save a copy to your computer.
- Read the article, and identify two arguments for the position which states that life begins at conception, and identify two arguments for the position which states that life begins at a later point in development.
- Write a brief essay (500-800 words) reflecting on what you have learned. Identify which argument you believe has the greatest support from a scientific perspective. See the suggested outline provided below.
- Please note that while this issue does have significant moral and spiritual implications, this essay should focus on the scientific arguments outlined in the assigned article.
- Identify your sources! Current APA guidelines require that a citation be used to identify any/all sources of information that are not considered common knowledge.
- Do not include direct quotes; instead, paraphrase information about your chosen theory. Remember that your source must be identified with a citation even if you rewrite the information in your own words.
- Your Prenatal Development Reflection Essay Assignment must include the following:
- A current APA-formatted title page.
- 2–3 pages of text (at least 500, but not more than 800 words).
- Use current APA guidelines to include level-one headings to identify each paragraph/section of your essay.
- A current APA-formatted reference page.
- Please edit your work to stay within the assignment parameters. Stay on topic, and write in a clear manner.
- In your first paragraph explain present the issue and explain why it is important to the study of prenatal development.
- In your second paragraph briefly describe at least two arguments that support the idea that human life begins at conception.
- In your third paragraph briefly describe at least two arguments that support the idea that human life begins later in development
- In your final paragraph, summarize and reflect on which position you believe has the most support from a scientific perspective. Explain why you believe this is the strongest argument.
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
Do you have an urgent order? We have more than enough writers who will ensure that your order is delivered on time.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
We will not disclose the nature of our services or any information you provide to a third party.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.