The following are ques1ons straight from your quizzes. Please save this document, type in your answers to each ques1on, and submit your document (ques1ons & answers) in Canvas.
- A sample of magnesium is burned in oxygen to form magnesium oxide. What mass of oxygen is consumed if 74.62 g magnesium oxide is formed from 45.00 g magnesium?
- Order the four metric units from smallest to largest.
1) kiloliter 2) cen1liter 3) nanoliter 4) milliliter
- The number of significant figures in 7.3748 × 10–1 dm is
- _____ are very light, nega1vely charged par1cles that exists in the region around an atom’s posi1vely charged nucleus.
- The species Ag+, Pt2+, and Tl3+ are all_______
- Sodium cyclamate, C6H11NHSO3Na, was used at one 1me as an ar1ficial sweetener. C6H11NHSO3Na has a molecular mass of 201.2 g/mol. How many moles of sodium cyclamate are contained in a 56.0-g sample?
- An organic compound has a molecular mass of 324.2 amu and contains 66.63% carbon by mass. How many carbon atoms are in each molecule of this compound?
- How many molecules are there in 60 g of ace1c acid, C2H4O2?
- How many moles of silver are contained in 7.00 kg of silver?
- How many atoms of carbon are there in 0.37 mol of procaine, C13H20N2O2, a “pain killer” used by den1sts?
- In the Lewis formula for phosphine, PH3, the number of lone pairs of electrons around the phosphorus atom is
- In the Lewis formula for ClF3, how many lone pairs are around the central atom?
- A bond in which an electron pair is unequally shared by two atoms is_________
- For the resonance hybrid of the nitrite ion, what is the average number of bonds between the nitrogen atom and an oxygen atom?
- What is the ground-state electron configura1on of Ni2+?
- Rank the following ions in order of decreasing atomic radii: Os4+, Os2+, Os5+.
- Which of the following molecules is polar? (circle one)
SF6 CCl4 BF3 NO2 CO2
- What is the molecular geometry of the NO3– ion?
- What is the molecular geometry and bond angle of NH3?
- How many moles of gas are in a gas sample occupying 1.40 L at 553 mmHg and 294 K?
- The pressure of 6.2 L of nitrogen gas in a flexible container is decreased to one-half its original pressure, and its absolute temperature is increased to double the original temperature. The volume is now______________
- A flexible vessel contains 43 L of gas where the pressure is 1.3 atm. What will the volume be when the pressure is 0.61 atm, the temperature remaining constant?
- A gas exerts a pressure of 4.09 × 104 Pa. What is this pressure in units of atmospheres?
- Calculate the root-mean-square velocity for the O2 molecules in a sample of O2 gas at
28.3°C. (R = 8.3145 J/K⋅mol)
- Which of the following pure substances has the lowest normal boiling point?
H2S NH3 H2O H2Te H2Se (circle one) 26) What is the strongest intermolecular force present in dry ice, CO2(s)?
- Which of the following pure substances has the lowest mel1ng point?
LiBr RbBr CsBr KBr NaBr (circle one)
- A solu1on has a pOH of 5.20. What is its hydroxide-ion concentra1on?
- At 25°C a solu1on has a hydroxide-ion concentra1on of 8.22 × 10–5 M. What is its hydronium-ion concentra1on?
- What is the pH of a 0.072 M HClO4 solu1on?
- Which of the following is the strongest acid?
HClO2 HCl HClO4 HClO HClO3 (circle one)
- Iden1fy the true statement(s). (circle all that are true)
- Carbon requires four addi1onal electrons to fill its octet.
- Carbon forms single, double, and triple bonds to achieve a filled octet.
- Carbon cannot bond with other carbon atoms.
- The func1onal group is characteris1c of ____________________
- What is the IUPAC name for the molecule given below?
- What is the major product upon addi1on of HCl to propene?
- What is the most characteris1c reac1on of benzene?
- Amines are compounds that are structurally derived by replacing one or more hydrogen atoms of ammonia with _____ groups.
- The compounds 2,3-dimethylbutane and 2-methylpentane are___________________
- What are the products of a condensa1on reac1on between a primary amine and a carboxylic acid?
- Name the following:
- The sequence of amino acids held together by pep1de bonds in a protein is the__________
- Which type of molecule amaches itself to a ribosome, where it serves as a pamern for protein biosynthesis?
- Elimina1on of a small molecule such as water is involved in forma1on of which type of polymer?
- Which of the following pairs of substances could form a polyester?
- H2NCH2COOH + H2NCH2CH2COOH
- HO(CH2)4COOH + HOCH2CH=CHCH3
- HOCH2CH2OH + HOOCCOOH
- H2C=CHCH3 + HOCH2CH2COOH
- H2C=CHCN + H2C=CHCH3
- What is the func1onal group corresponding to a pep1de bond?
- Which of the following statements is/are true of monosaccharides? (circle all that apply)
- Monosaccharides contain three to nine carbon atoms.
- Monosaccharides contain either an ester or an ether as a haloalkane group.
- Monosaccharides exist as D- and L- isomers.
- Monosaccharides contain three to nine carbon atoms.
- Which of the following statements about conduc1ve polymers is/are correct? (circle all that apply)
- Alterna1ng single and double bonds are required for a polymer chain to
- Doping of trans-polyacetylene with I2 facilitates the conduc1on of electrical charge between individual polymer molecules.
- trans-Polyacetylene is an addi1on polymer.
- The side chain on the amino acid phenylalanine is classified as __________________
- What is the type of polymer formed when 1,5-pentanediol, HOCH2CH2CH2CH2CH2OH, reacts with 1,6-hexanedicarboxylic acid, HOOCCH2CH2CH2CH2COOH?
- What is the nitrogenous base that is found in RNA but not in DNA?
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.