Research suggests that the US is more politically polarized than ever. How did this come to be? In this final integrative essay, you will be arguing how, from the perspective of social psychology, America could come to be so polarized. The text, social psychology by Eliot Aronson et al, discussed polarization directly on pages 281 – 282 (Chapter 9: LO 9.3, subsection titled “Group Polarization: Going to Extremes.”) in your text. However, in your essay, you should be incorporate the research and concepts learned throughout the course, via the text chapter readings, lectures, relevant supplemental materials found in the course, and peer reviewed journal articles that you have found on your own.
Examples of specific concepts / related research that you might use to support your arguments:
- Social cognition (e.g., judgmental heuristics)
- Cognitive dissonance
- Attitudes and attitude change theory
- Obedience to authority
- Leadership in groups
This must be a formal essay with a main argument and supporting arguments, backed by examples, explanations, and research findings. All sources should be properly cited, and these citations should be in APA format.
We expect students with have many different overall perspectives about how the US has come to be so particularly polarized, and that’s ok. What you will be graded on (like with all of these integrative essays) is your ability to 1) show, through your writing, a robust understanding of the relevant course topics, 2) demonstrate critical thinking about these concepts, and 3) thoughtfully apply the knowledge you have gained in this class to your analysis of US polarization.
For students who need more specific parameters, your arguments should be supported by, at minimum, the following:
- 3 specific course concepts (you should be heavily citing the text to explain these concepts)
- what you’ve learned from at least two supplemental articles found in the course materials, and
- what you’ve learned from at least two relevant peer reviewed articles that you have found on your own. (Please review the library tutorials from Module 0 on how to conduct research and how to find articles from peer reviewed journals)
- A unique essay title (not title page)
- A minimum of 4-5 full pages double-spaced, 12-point font, double-spaced, with one-inch margins.
- All factual statements made in your paper (and all papers in this class) must be properly cited (both in-text and as a full reference in the reference page) using APA format.
- A reference page should be included
- You do not need to follow APA formatting for anything OTHER THAN proper formatting of in-text and full reference citations
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.