- Describe the location and complex dimensions of the temporal bone of the skull. Why is the temporal bone significant to the auditory mechanism?
- What are the important structures of the peripheral auditory system? Which structures are in the conductive part of the mechanism, and which are in the sensorineural part of the mechanism?
- Be able to identify, in a coronal slice of the auditory mechanism, an unlabeled drawing of the conductive part of the auditory system.
- What is meant by the term “impedance mismatch”?
- How many muscles are located in the middle ear, and what is their function?
- Explain how the impedance mismatch between the tympanic membrane and the conductive mechanism is solved by the anatomy of the conductive mechanism.
- Identify the structures and functions of the sensorineural part of the peripheral auditory system.
- Which ducts in the cochlea are separated by Reissner’s membrane? Which ducts are separated by the basilar membrane?
- What is the organ of Corti, and where is located?
- Explain the term “tonotopic organization” and identify which parts of the peripheral auditory mechanism are so organized.
- What is a traveling wave in the cochlea? How does the traveling wave differ depending on the frequency of the acoustic input to the auditory system?
- What is the anatomical difference between inner hair cells and outer hair cells?
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.