There are three written assignments in the course, in which you will use the same organization to analyze the culture and make recommendations. It is essential you start to think about your company selection now.
Consider selecting a company for which you or a family member works. You might also choose a civic organization. To ensure your selection sets you up for success in all three assignments, be sure that your company:
- Is one with which you are familiar and is one in which you have access to internal processes.
- Has a true issue that need to be resolved.
- Is one for which you can think of possible solutions to the issue that are realistic and enforceable.
For this assignment, write a 1–2 page double-spaced paper in which you will discuss:
- Your selected organization.
- The issue you will be analyzing.
- How the issue hinders organization efficiency.
Organizational Issues and Solutions
Leaders address issues and propose solutions. As a leader, you’ll need to stay on top of events that may facilitate or hinder productivity. You must create and implement solutions to address these issues.
In the assignment preparation, you chose an organization, described its organizational issue, and identified how it hinders organization efficiency. This assignment exposes you to complex modern organizational challenges. The solutions you devise should reflect your learning and research of organizational and individual influences in the workplace.
The new CEO has selected your consulting firm to provide an analysis of the organizational efficiency.
Write a 2–3 page, double-spaced paper in which you will present to the CEO your findings during your research steps. You must propose strategic solutions in your paper to include the following:
- Describe the organization and the issue to resolve:
- Provide a brief description of the organization you selected.
- Present the organizational issue that adversely affected productivity and that you, the consultant, will review and resolve.
- This information can be summarized from your assignment preparation last week. Make sure to incorporate any feedback that you received from your instructor.
- Analyze current corporate culture:
- How has the current corporate culture facilitated the development of the current issue? Research the organization, dig into the culture, and analyze how it contributed to this issue. Hint: Review the mission and vision statements as well as the corporate Web site.
- Identify areas of weakness:
- What are the organization’s areas of weakness as they relate to the issue? Apply your research on organizational behavior approaches to aspects of corporate culture—such as diversity, teamwork, and motivational strategies—to help identify the areas of weakness.
- Propose solutions:
- What organizational practices would you modify? What solutions would you recommend to management that would help solve the identified weaknesses? As a consultant, you will identify the suggestions and solutions you would present to the organization’s leadership with regard to modifying current organizational practices to resolve the issue.
- References and citations:
- Provide at least two quality resources such as the course textbook, a company Web site, business Web sites (CNBC, Bloomberg, etc.), resources from the Library, and/or outside sources. Note: Wikipedia and Web-based blogs do not qualify as credible resources.
- You can find in-depth and quality company information using the database through the University Online Library.
- In-text citations are required when paraphrasing or quoting another source.
- Formatting and writing standards:
- This course requires the use of Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.
Confidentiality:Since you will be addressing real issues in real organizations in your assignments, it is important to respect confidentiality. Feel free to use an alias for any company or individuals you might mention in your assignments. Remember that all discussions about these organization should only occur within this course and not be shared with people outside the course.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Propose a solution for an organizational culture issue.
As you begin to work on this assignment, it is important that your program’s proposal be based on your research of emotional intelligence (EI). In your assignment, you will address:
- Which of the EI building blocks would impact management’s ability to enhance employee performance and job satisfaction?
- Explain how the core concepts of emotional intelligence would enhance the decision-making efficacy of the management team.
- Describe the core attributes of an effective team and the strategies you would implement to develop team dynamics that will benefit the organization.
- Create an effective reward system for this organization based on how you want to resolve the organizational issue. Determine the strategies you would incorporate to motivate employees and influence behavior.
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.