Topic: How has MP3’s and the internet shaped music and what musicians do?
Taking everything we’ve read and discussed in class into consideration, write a paper that examines how a particular technology has shaped music and what musicians do. Late projects will not be accepted and will receive a zero.
Your paper must:
- Use a minimum of 10 sources (books, scholarly articles from JSTOR, websites, etc.) and at least 3 representative audio or video examples (Links to Spotify, SoundCloud, YouTube, etc) cited in either APA or Chicago Manual of Style format. This means 13 sources total, including your audio examples. I don’t have a preference between APA or CMS formats, use the one you are more comfortable with, just be consistent. o Manufacturer websites may be used as well – particularly for examples o Citations from Wikipedia will not be accepted
- Discuss the history of your chosen piece of technology – who created it? when? who were the first musicians to use it and any other important users?
- Discuss how your chosen piece of technology works.
- Discuss how your chosen piece of technology is used by musicians and how it has changed the musicians’ creative process (you’ll need to cite specific examples using links).
- Discuss how your chosen piece of technology has changed how people interact with music, how we think/feel when we hear music that uses this technology, and most importantly, how this technology has influenced our society and culture. Be sure to cite Katz’s traits here!
- Be an appropriate length. The paper should be with an average of 750 words long, not counting title, section headers, and bibliography. o o If in doubt – ask me! I’m here to help!
|Grading Rubric||Poor (D) or not present (0/F)||Average / C||Good / B||Excellent / A (possible points)|
|Paper contains a discussion of the history of your chose piece of technology: When it was invented, and the first musicians who used it.||(0-4)||(5-9)||(10-14)||(15-20)|
|Paper contains brief overview of how this technology works.||(0-4)||(5-9)||(10-14)||(15-20)|
|Paper contains an adequate discussion of how this technology has been used by musicians, and how this piece of technology has shaped the musicians’ creative process.||(0-7)||(8-14)||(15-21)||(22-30)|
|Paper contains an adequate discussion of how people interacted with music, how we perceive/understand when we hear music that uses this technology, and most importantly how this technology has influenced our society and culture.||(0-7)||(8-14)||(15-21)||(22-30)|
|This Paper is an appropriate length and is delivered in an organized, purposeful, and polished manner, with proper citations.||(0-7)||(8-14)||(15-21)||(22-30)|
|GRADE:||Comments||(130 possible points = A)|
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.