- A furniture company is producing tables and chairs for the coming week. The production of tables and chairs will go through two processes: wood cutting and assembly. In the wood cutting process, the required labor hour is 1 hour for a chair and 2 hours for a table. In the assembly process, the required labor hour is 4 hours for a chair and 3 hours for a table. For the coming week, the maximum labor hour is 70 hours for the wood cutting process and 180 hours for the assembly process. Based on the company’s inventory level, the company decides to produce no more than 100 chairs and 30 tables for the coming week. Suppose the profit margin is $5/chair and $6/ table. Set up a linear programming model to maximize the total profit for this furniture company and solve the model using Excel Solver.
- Identify the feasible region for the following set of constraints:
- Given the linear program
- Write the problem in standard form. Identify slack/surplus variables.
- Find all the extreme points. List the value for x and y at each extreme point.
- What is the optimal solution?
- What are the values of the slack/surplus variables at the optimal solution?
It is your choice to submit all of your work or just the final answer only. If you only submit the final answer and the answer is wrong, you will lose all the points assigned to that question. If you also show the steps how you get that answer, you still can earn partial credit as long as the steps are not completely wrong.
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.