You must read chapter 9 of your textbook.
As a CLASS, we are going to discuss (discussion forum) the following cases:
- Proposition 203 http://www.azbilingualed.org/AZ%20Hist-ALEC/prop%20203.htm
- 2001 No child Left Behind Act http://www2.ed.gov/nclb/overview/intro/execsumm.pdf
- Proposition 227 http://primary98.sos.ca.gov/VoterGuide/Propositions/227text.htm
INDIVIDUALLY, students will choose one of other cases and post a thorough discussion of the case in the discussion forum. To avoid having two students working on the same case, each student will post his/her choice in the forum LIST OF TOPICS. Use the provided title to look for the case on the web.
- Historical/Legal Perspectives on Bilingual Education (Part I) (February10–February 28)
Historical Introduction to Bilingual Education: The United States (Chapter 9)
- The Fourteenth Amendment to the US Constitution
- Brown vs. Board of Education, 347 U.S. 483 (1954)
- Title VI Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Bilingual Education Acts of 1968 and 1974
- May 25, 1970 Memorandum
- Equal Educational Opportunity Act of 1974
- Lau vs. Nichols 1974
- Lau Remedies 1974
- Civil Right Language Minority Regulations 1980
- Castañeda vs. Pickard 1981
- Idaho vs. Migrant Council 1981
- Proposition 227
- Title VII
- 1864 Prohibition of Native Americans from being taught in their own languages.
- 1879- Federal policy begins separating many Native American students from their families.
- 1889 Bennett Act (Wisconsin) and Edwards Act (Illinois)
- 1906 Nationality Act
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
Do you have an urgent order? We have more than enough writers who will ensure that your order is delivered on time.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
We will not disclose the nature of our services or any information you provide to a third party.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.