Refer to the scenario described in the Marquis and Huston (2017) text, pp. 486, Learning Exercise 18.10, Downsizing Panic and Anxiety. Read the scenario in Learning Exercise 18.10.
Marquis, B. and Huston, C. (2017). Leadership Roles and Management Functions in Nursing. (9th Ed.). Philadelphia: Lippincott/-Wolters Kluwer
I have uploaded the pages/tables needed from this source in case you do not have access to the book.
Assume you are the chief nursing administrator in this scenario. Submit answers to the following questions associated with the scenario described in Learning Exercise 18.10. Review the Considerations section below for additional guidelines.
- Why is it important for leaders at every level of the organization to have a consistent message about this situation?
- What is the preferred communication mode for this situation? Support your answer with evidence.
- Using the SBAR (Situation, Background, Assessment, Recommendation, Marquis and Huston pp. 502) Communication Tool, create a message to share with direct care nurses about this situation.
You are aware that a budget cut of this nature will invariably create conflict and competition among the individuals that may potentially be impacted.
- Briefly describe two (2) tactics you, as the chief nursing administrator in this scenario, will take to manage/resolve conflict among the individuals that may be potentially impacted in this situation. Give the rationale to support the two (2) tactics you identify.
- Case study submissions must be scholarly in nature, cite at least two sources of information relevant to the case study in the responses, and thoroughly address the questions. These references could include your text, another text you have used in other courses in the RN-to-BSN Program, journal articles, governmental agency reports, or relevant position papers.
- APA format is required for citing these references.
|Score: 1 Unacceptable: Does not answer question and/or major grammatical errors.||Score: 2 Below Expectations: Addresses question but only superficially. Minimal information and/or significant grammatical errors.||Score: 3 Average: Addresses question, demonstrates insight and ability to discuss. If present, only occasional grammatical errors.||Score: 4 Above Average: Demonstrates above average insight into question and ability to discuss. Provides additional analysis on topic. Minimal grammatical errors.||Score: 5 Exemplary: Demonstrates exceptional insight into topic and ability to discuss. No grammatical errors.|
- Each question will be scored on a one to five scale according to the following rubric:
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.