Your job in the game is to try to replicate the Beveridge, Bismark, National Health Insurance, and out-of-pocket healthcare models. While you are reading the first article below you should be making notes on what are the key concepts of each model, as you will try to replicate this in the game. I would also recommend you look back in our chapters this week for more information about each model to further enhance your knowledge.
For each model, you will need to spend five years (in game-time) running the simulation and attempting to make the new healthcare model work in a US city. Keep in mind that you are not starting from scratch, you are changing an American town into this model so it will likely get a bit rough at first. Having notes about what you should be focusing on for each model will help out greatly in your choices. Finally, you should also make some notes about what happened in each model simulation (what went well, what failed, etc.) for your discussion board reflection.
Read this article over the Beveridge, Bismark, National Health Insurance, and out-of-pocket healthcare models. This will enhance the information from your book and provide the groundwork knowledge for this assignment.
This video will introduce you to the SimHealth game and a couple of options that you need to adjust for this assignment.
This is the link to the SimHealth game. Please watch the intro talk before you go into this game.
Whew, that was a lot of work in the game! This assignment now is a straightforward reflection piece on the models and your in-game results. For this discussion board you need to:
- Create a thread that includes answers to all of the following prompts. Please use numbering for your answers (use the numbering button on the top row, to the right of the font style and size).
- 20 pts – In one paragraph – prior to starting the game which of the models do you believe is the best and why? Do you still believe this after the game?
- 30 pts – In a paragraph reflect over your results from trying to run the Beveridgemodel for five years (what was good, bad, mistakes you made, etc.)
- 30 pts – In a paragraph reflect over your results from trying to run the Bismark model for five years (what was good, bad, mistakes you made, etc.)
- 30 pts – In a paragraph reflect over your results from trying to run the National Health Insurance model for five years (what was good, bad, mistakes you made, etc.)
- 30 pts – In a paragraph reflect over your results from trying to run the out-of-pocket model for five years (what was good, bad, mistakes you made, etc.)
- 20 pts – Finally, in a paragraph reflect on what you have personally learned about healthcare, healthcaresystems, and implementing healthcaresystems from our book, and this game.
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.