General Psychology CAAP #2 Instructions
- Select and answer two critical thinking prompts from below. Each response should be two pages, so four pages total. If it is a little longer, that is fine. Be sure to apply terms/concept(s) from the readings, and/or the slide presentations. Use at least two direct quotes with citations (APA or ASA style) per response to support your points. You may also relate the topics to your personal lives, current events, and/or slide presentations. Write one response, then the next, then include your reference page. It is all one paper, but the discussions are separate. No late work is accepted. You must upload the entire paper as ONE attachment file under ASSIGNMENTS in the online classroom. The attachment must be Microsoft Word, Microsoft Works, PDF, or Word Pad (RTF) format. I cannot open Mac files (Pages), so you will have to convert it. TurnItIn will check for plagiarism, so DO NOT COPY FROM THE INTERNET OR OTHER SOURCES!
- Papers must be typed. Use a standard 12 size font in either: Tahoma, Times New Roman, Courier New, Calibri, or Arial. The paper must be double spaced with one-inch margins.
- Put your heading (name and such) in the header of the paper – you do not need a cover page. Put page numbers at the footer of the paper. Before each response, write the prompt number you are answering.
- Be sure to reference the author you directly quoted, even if it is from the textbook or slides. You should have a page at the very end called “References”. You only need one reference page. Wikipedia and Dictionary.com are not academic sources – you do not need to use them. The only sources you need for this assignment are your class notes, slides, and/or textbook. Follow the American Psychological Association (APA) or the American Sociological Association (ASA) format for in-text citations and the reference page. You can do an Internet search for “APA style guide” or “ASA style guide”. You only need to use APA or ASA style for quotes, citations, and the reference page.
- When writing formally, avoid using contractions (can’t, don’t, won’t). Use the full versions (can not, do not, will not). Do not use slang such as “cool”. Spell out smaller numbers (twenty instead of 20). Do not end sentences in prepositions (with, for, by, along, in, out).
- Make sure you break your work up into paragraphs. Do not submit one long paragraph for each response.
- Note: some of the prompts are more straightforward then others. Regardless of what prompts you select, you should apply and incorporate course material (what you are learning) in your answers. You can always tell more than what the prompt is asking for – again, the point of the assignment is to apply what you are learning.
- Discuss and describe the major accomplishments and limitations of each of Piaget’s four stages of cognitive development. Make sure to give the approximate ages of each stage.
- Compare and contrast three of the lifespan theories. Include which one you prefer and why.
- Compare and contrast the different parenting styles. Explain what kind of parenting style you will use, or you are using (or used), to raise your own children.
- Describe and exemplify the t motives of behavior.
- Compare and contrast the James-Lange theory of emotion, the Cannon-Bard theory of emotion, and the Schachter-Singer two-factor theory of emotion.
- Apply set point theory to explain the two possible outcomes of bariatric surgery.
- Compare and contrast three different personality theories. To which do you most relate? Which do you think it is the most accurate? Explain.
- Discuss the components of social psychology that you found most interesting. Be sure to include some of its concerns and explanations.
- Discuss, using examples, the seven types of love and combinations of love that can be described according to Sternberg’s triangular theory of love.
- Discuss the major contributions of the industrial-organizational psychologists.
- Explain the relationship between stress and the various illnesses and health conditions.
- Examine four or five psychological disorders that you are most interested in from Module 15. Discuss what is known about them.
- Describe how a therapist might use both classical conditioning and operant conditioning techniques to help a client overcome a compulsive habit of smoking more than three packs of cigarettes a day. Be clear about the exact procedures that would be used with each form of conditioning.
- Compare and contrast three different types of therapy.
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.