Research Paper and Presentation (20+5=25% of your total grade).
Popular Cultures 100 points
For each late day submission, 5% of your points will be deducted.
Popular Culture Paper
For this paper, you have to choose any ONE genre of popular culture (food, clothing, fashion, TV shows, Film, music, social media etc.)
NEXT, You could consider writing about the popular culture genre in ONE of the following ways
- Compare and contrast the popular culture genre across countries/culture such as local (Emirati) vs. regional (Arab) context or in global context (such as Asian (Japanese/Korean) Indian or American.
- Evolution of a particular type of popular culture in UAE or Arab or in last two decades (examples, music, reality TV, food, fashion etc.)
- How global cultural traits – a genre of popular culture fused with local culture and take a new shape (a new whatever) i.e., J pop, K pop
Below are some suggested topics.
Representation of race/ethnicity or class or gender in reality shows
Advertising and popular food fads
Social media/advertising and fashion (modest fashion, athleisure etc.)
Slimming and Diet as popular culture.
How defines beauty (gatekeepers of beauty?)
Cricket or Football in the UAE.
McDonalds OR Fast food in the UAE
Starbucks in the UAE or coffee shops
Effect of western music on Emirati music
Evolution of Fashion in middle east
You are required to make use of at least TWO journal articles OR at least ONE scholarly book. The rest of the sources can be non-scholarly sources. I expect at least 5 sources in total.
Note: See sections below on what is a scholarly source? and What is NOT a scholarly source for further clarification.
What is a scholarly source?
A source that is peer reviewed or published in a recognized scholarly source, like a journal or a university publisher. It can be a book or an article. Such articles or books target specific audience, typically people in specializing in a particular field.
What is NOT a scholarly source?
Textbooks are not considered a scholarly source.
Wikipedia, Encyclopedias, and other online articles intended for general public. If you are not sure whether the book or the article you have chosen is scholarly or not, ask the instructor.
- The paper should be 7-9 pages in length, typed, double-spaced. Excluding cover page and references.
- Offer an introduction, body (4-5 paragraphs) and conclusion.
- The paper should have 1″ margins all around.
- The type font should be Times New Roman, size 12.
Citations and References
Use this style for citations placed within the text:
one or two authors use all names.
- Sapp (2001) found that….
- A recent study (Sapp and Korsching, 2004) suggested that…
more than two authors, use the name of the first author and “et
- Smith et al. (2003) found that….
- A recent study (Smith et al., 2003) suggested that…
USE APA style for citations.
Rubric for Research paper
- Rubric Detail
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.