Directions for essay two:
As you wrote about in the first essay of the course, music can be a helpful and healthful tool during times of stress and challenge. In this 8-10 paragraph essay , you will use the Rhetorical Mode of Comparison/Contrast to move beyond the personal into how music has been instrumental in 1) providing powerful voices to proclaim attitudes and ideas, or 2) presenting a vision of America ( good and not-so-good)
- Anti-War Songs of the Sixties : during the 1960s, a number of musicians wrote songs that protested America’s involvement in the Vietnam conflict. Choose two songs that fit this genre and compare their views.
- Sources to support your points ( popular sources- no need for scholarly articles here, but the sources need to be valid and credible): cited in-text in APA form.
- Context setting: in what time period and sociopolitical climate were your songs most popular and why? The context can be part of your introduction leading to a thesis statement. –
- A thesis that presents the criteria on which you will compare your songs (tone, theme, style, images of America, purposes are some possibilities) .
- An Organizational Structure
Comparison/Contrast forms: ( we will go over this in class with examples)
a. Compare based on criteria
b. Compare by song
- A Conclusion that ties the themes together but doesn’t repeat what was already said: 1+2+3 = 6 .
- A Reference page of the sources that you used in APA form
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.