In this Discussion, you will locate and review the practice agreements in the state in which you plan to practice, identify potential collaboration requirements in your state, and understand the certification and licensing process that you will need to follow.
- Review practice agreements in your state. ( STATE OF ILLINOIS)
- Identify whether your state requires physician collaboration or supervision for nurse practitioners, and if so, what those requirements are.
- Research the following:
- How do you get certified and licensed as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in your state?
- What is the application process for certification in your state?
- What is your state’s board of nursing website?
- How does your state define the scope of practice of a nurse practitioner?
- What is included in your state practice agreement?
- How do you get a DEA license?
- Does your state have a prescription monitoring program (PMP)?
- How does your state describe a nurse practitioner’s controlled-substance prescriptive authority, and what nurse practitioner drug schedules are nurse practitioners authorized to prescribe?
Week 1: Nurse Practitioner Professional Issues
Buppert, C. (2021). Nurse practitioner’s business practice and legal guide (7th ed.). Jones & Bartlett Learning.
- Chapter 1, “What Is a Nurse Practitioner?”
- Chapter 2, “Nurse Practitioner Scope of Practice”
- Chapter 3, “State Regulation of the Nurse Practitioner Practice”
- Chapter 4, “Federal Regulation of the Nurse Practitioner Profession”
- Chapter 5, “Prescribing
Stewart, J. G., & DeNisco, S. M. (2019). Role development for the nurse practitioner (2nd ed.). Jones & Bartlett Learning.
- Chapter 1, “Historical Perspectives: The Art and Science of Nurse Practitionering”
- Nurse Practitioner Core Competencies
- Nurse Practitioners’ Unique Role
- Chapter 13, “Quality, Safety, and Prescriptive Authority”
Zakhari, R. (2021). The psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner certification review manual. Springer Publishing Company.
- Chapter 2, “The Role of the Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner: Regulations and Scope of Practice”
- Chapter 3, “Theoretical Foundations of Care and Nonpharmacological Therapies”
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.