The student will post one thread of at least 200 words. For each thread, students must support their assertions with at least 2 scholarly citations in APA format. Any sources cited must have been published within the last five years. Acceptable sources include the textbook, the Bible, and scholarly journal articles.
Coping Skills: Of the coping skills list described as part of the “Seeking Safety” program in Schiraldi (Chapter 16) please identify and describe your use of at least 2 as you would explain these to your client during a Christian counseling session.
The Seeking Safety Program4 The Seeking Safety program has been applied to a wide variety of groups with dual diagnoses (men, women, adolescents, combat vets, emergency service work-ers, prisoners, homeless persons, victims of domestic violence5
) with encouraging results. It has reduced both substance use and PTSD symptoms in a number of studies, and it appears to help with other addictions.
Over a period of at least three months, Seeking Safety typically covers twenty-five topics before trauma memory processing starts.6
Each topic teaches safe cop-ing skills common to both disorders. These skills are then practiced at home. The topics are independent of each other and can be covered in the order best suited to the individual or group:
3. Taking back your power over PTSD
5. Substances and PTSD (understanding the role substances play in PTSD, counting the costs, options for reducing substance use)
6. Asking for help
9. Red and green flags (catching signs of danger before we spiral out of control)
11. Recovery thinking
12. Integrating the split self
13. Commitment (to a better life, ideals, and relationships to self and others)
14. Creating meaning (thoughts relative to PTSD and substance abuse disorder)
15. Community resources
16. Setting boundaries in relationships
18. Getting others to support your recovery
19. Coping with triggers
The two I picked are highlighted
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.