This assignment relates to course outcome 5: Debate the global historical context and basic legal standards governing professional practice by physicians and other healthcare professions. Reviewing codes of ethics that differ between disciplines can help with conflict resolution and your understanding of practices across the broad scope of healthcare.
Produce a 5-9 minute video presentation using the directions below. Please be concise because you and your classmates will review all videos in the next discussion. To complete this assignment, you will need to choose your profession. Your instructor will share the process with you for choosing. This is an individual project, and everyone must choose a different profession.
Your assignment is due on Wednesday this week.
- Choose one specific health profession, except for nursing, for this assignment. Given the importance and scope of nursing, everyone is assigned to read the Nursing Code, but the video presentation must be about another discipline. We’re all going to talk about nursing.
Do independent research into the ethical standards and principles that govern that discipline. Start with its Code of Ethics, which you can find in the class readings this week. Everyone is required to read the Nursing Code of Ethics this week as a comparison to other healthcare-related professions.
- The Code of Ethics for NursesLinks to an external site. (American Nurses Association 2015)
- Note: You can access the Nursing Code of Ethics through the link above. The ANA provides a free PDF for nonmembers; however, you cannot download it. The Code of Ethics is also available through the libraryLinks to an external site. or in the Alma Leganto course reserves module.
Review the slides in this week’s PowerPoint
For your assignment and discussion this week, you will read another profession’s code of ethics and create a video. Below is a list of ethics to choose from. Before you start reading, you will need to go to the “People” tab in Canvas and assign yourself to the profession that you want to use for the assignment. See the Code of Ethics Analysis for Different Healthcare Disciplines assignment instructions for more details.
- Acupuncture: NCCAOM Code of EthicsLinks to an external site.
- Audiology: The Code of Ethics of the American Academy of AudiologyLinks to an external site.
- Chiropractic: ACA Code of EthicsLinks to an external site.
- Dentistry: The ADA Principles of Ethics and Code of ConductLinks to an external site.
- Massage Therapy: Code of EthicsLinks to an external site.
- Naturopathy: American Association of Naturopathic Physicians: Code of EthicsLinks to an external site.
- Pharmacy: Code Of Ethics For PharmacistsLinks to an external site.
- Physical Therapy: Code of Ethics for the Physical TherapistLinks to an external site.
- Physician Assistant: Guidelines for Ethical Conduct for the PA ProfessionLinks to an external site.
- Podiatry: American Podiatric Medical Association, Inc. Code of EthicsLinks to an external site.
- Psychology: Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of ConductLinks to an external site.
- Social Work: The NASW Code of EthicsLinks to an external site.
- Veterinarian: Principles of veterinary medical ethics of the AVMA
- In your video, describe the guiding principles and some distinctive provisions of the ethical foundation for the profession you have selected. In addition, consider the guiding prompts below. These are just some prompts to generate ideas. They’re not checkboxes. It will be challenging to keep these short; it’s understood that they can’t be comprehensive.
- Is there something in the origin or history of this discipline that has an ethical component?
- Does this discipline have unique rules or standards that contrast with or extend those of other disciplines?
- What are some specific privileges, practices, or responsibilities of this discipline that set it apart from others?
- Are there internal ethical controversies or problems within this discipline that arise from its particular services or expectations?
- Keep track of any references you use. You will post these in the discussion.
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.