TOPIC: Biological abnormalities and psychology of substance abuse (module 14.1)
- Definition of Substance Abuse
- Briefly mention some drug’s mechanism of action, if there is any predisposition, environmental, genetic, or behavioral predictors of abuse. How drugs affect synapses in a different way.
- Figures: The rise in cases of substance abuse disorder. The number of cases per year on average, number in recent years. Why is relevant?
- Most important Drugs mechanism, Derived from plant
- For example, nicotine comes from tobacco, caffeine from coffee and tea, opiates from poppies, and cocaine from coca.
- Why our brains react to compounds found in plants.
- How some drugs either speed up or slow down synaptic transmission.
- HOW SYNAPSES ARE AFFECTED BY SOME DRUGS IN DIFFERENT PHASES.
- The effects of the substance in the brain are distinct from the effects that occur during withdrawal and the effects that cause cravings. Explanations.
- Mention the most important neurotransmitters and their role in our brain. Explain what tolerance, withdrawal, and cravings is.
- Explain some treatments, and how treatments work on substance abuse.
- Some medications and therapy for alcohol abuse and opioid abuse. I’ll probably research for more.
- Why is treatment important.
- Summary of the information of different groups
- Summary of figures, percentages of recovery, and important statistics.
- Concluding statement based on gathered data
Drugs, brains, and behavior the science of addiction. (n.d.). Retrieved March 26, 2022, from https://nida.nih.gov/sites/default/files/soa_2014.pdf
Kalat, J. W. (2019). Biological psychology (13th ed.). Cengage.
Key substance use and mental health indicators in … – samhsa. (n.d.). Retrieved March 26, 2022, from https://www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/cbhsq-reports/NSDUHNationalFindingsReport2018/NSDUHNationalFindingsReport2018.pdf
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.