Oral Health Promotion
Assignment #4: Oral Hygiene Visual Aid on Memory stick (USB) (10%)
Each group will produce a visual aid on a memory stick (USB) that can be customized for client education sessions in clinic.
All pictures and videos must be referenced on a reference page (Only need to record the website or other source in the reference page… APA format is not required for this assignment).
Pictures should be suitable for public viewing, clear, contain accurate information, and should not be too graphic (e.g. excess blood). Some topics will be geared to specific age groups and will be noted below.
It is recommended to use a powerpoint slide show for this project.
The required topics for the visual aid are as follows:
- Healthy teeth and mouth (one for children, one for adults)
- Plaque biofilm (one for children, one for adults)
- Calculus (one for children, one for adults)
- Eruption patterns (parents)
- Thumb sucking and potential consequences (parents)
- Tooth injuries and management (parents)
- Space maintainers (parents)
- Mouthguards for sports (one for children, one for adults)
- Night guards (adults)
- Oral Piercings and potential risks
- Wisdom teeth, impactions
- Decay process (one for children, one for adults)
- Baby bottle tooth decay (parents)
- Root decay (adults)
- Fillings (amalgam, composite)
- Pit and Fissure Sealants
- Healthy snacking habits (children)
- Canada Food Guide (geared to adults)
- Periodontal disease
- Periodontal debridement
- Toothbrushing methods (Fones, Modified Stillman, Modified Bass, Roll Stroke, Bass, Stillman, Charters)
- Power toothbrushes
- Flossing methods
- Supplemental Self-Care devices (flossing devices, tufted brush, interdental brushes and tips, dental water jet, tufted dental floss, floss holder, floss threader, round and triangular toothpick, wooden wedge, rubber tip stimulator, tongue cleaner, denture brushes, denture clasp brush)
- Tobacco and effects on oral tissues
- Oral cancer (signs and symptoms)
- Dental stains
- Tooth whitening (in office, over the counter products)
- Fluoride (in office, home rinses)
- Prosthodontics (veneers, crowns, bridges, implants, dentures)
- Other topics you think you might need?
PLEASE SUBMIT A COPY OF THE EVALUATION RUBRIC WITH YOUR MEMORY STICK.
Oral Hygiene Visual Aid on Memory Stick (USB)
Rubric Evaluation Rubric
Student’s Names: ______________________________________________________ Date:_____________________
|Visual Presentation||The content is displayed in a highly appealing and creative manner.||The content is presented effectively and shows some creativity.||The content is presented with some effectiveness and shows limited creativity.||The content presented would not be effective and shows limited or no creativity.|
|The content is displayed in an age appropriate manner (for adult or child).||The content is displayed inappropriately in one or two areas (for adult or child).||The content is displayed inappropriately in three to four areas (for adult or child).||The content is displayed inappropriately in more than four areas (for adult or child).|
|The content has limited use of words on each slide; pictures are clear and easy to understand.||The content has one slide with excessive use of words; most pictures are clear and easy to understand.||The content has two to three slides with excessive use of words; few pictures are clear and easy to understand.||The content has more than three slides with excessive use of use of words; many pictures are not clear and easy to understand.|
|Content Peer Evaluations||All topics are covered completely and accurately||Most topics are covered accurately. One topic not represented or information not accurate.||Some topics are covered accurately. Two topics not represented or information not accurate.||Significant omissions in topics. Three or more topics not represented or information not accurate.|
|Peer evaluation completed by group members with full marks||Peer evaluation completed by group members with 1 mark reduced||Peer evaluation completed by group members with 2 marks reduced||Peer evaluation completed by group members with 3 marks reduced|
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.