- No directly quoted material may be used in this project paper.
- Resources should be summarized or paraphrased with appropriate in-text and Resource page
1. Explain what a search warrant is, why it is necessary, and how it it used to obtain digital evidence.
2. From the following list choose 3 digital items that would hold data.
List: Cellphone, Laptop, USB memory stick, Plug and Display Docking Station, Game System, Keyboard, Desktop Computer system, Monitor, External Hard drive
For each item:
- Describe the item and explain what potential use the item would be within an investigation (e.g., what type of data that item might hold and where it may be stored on the device, and why the data may be important)
- How would you package the items, each individually as evidence being specific as to the materials used and the process of documentation. With each, describe the steps that would be taken to collect the items (with emphasis on the care and handling, and packaging of each item consistent with digital forensic best practices described in the module content/weekly readings) at the scene. You should document these steps in a detailed way that will mitigate questions, concerns, or a basic lack of information that will call your processes into question in court.
3. What are the differences in acquisition of data from a live (turned on) system, compared to one that not on (turned off) at the time you encounter it.
- Paper must be double spaced, 11 or 12 pt font and 1” margins all around.
- All APA 7th edition format requirements must be followed (cover page, in text citations, reference page). Refer to APA/UMGC – learning resources found in the content page of this course.
- You must have resources to support your thoughts/opinions/information. These must be cited both in text as well as at the end of the document. Your paper should not contain direct quotes, sourced material must be paraphrased.
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.