Purpose: To examine research studies that address your PICO clinical question developed in Assignment #2 of this course.
1. Of the four primary research articles you selected for Assignment #2, select three. Note: you may not use your secondary research article for this assignment.
2. Determine the type of research for each of your three articles (experimental/ quasi-experimental, non-experimental, or qualitative). Complete the appropriate matrix table according to the study type. These matrices will help me evaluate your comprehension of research methodology.
3. Provide a reference list of your three selected articles in APA format.
4. You must also upload pdf copies of all three of your research articles. Title the pdfs with the last name of the first author of the article. Note: *It is necessary to submit an electronic copy of these articles so that I can verify the content.
General expectations/ notes:
- Use only primary research articles. Do not include review articles or clinical practice guidelines in your matrix tables.
- Use 9pt font and landscape view. You may adjust the table to make it more readable (i.e. widen columns where there is more text so that you do not have columns that are excessively long.)
- This assignment must be typed.
- Your selected three research studies must have been published within the past 7 years.
- Your reference list, in APA format, should list only your three selected articles.
Grading Rubric for Matrix Assignment
|Criteria||Proficient (3 pts)||Competent (2 pts)||Novice (1 pt)||Underdeveloped (0 pts)|
|Use of current articles published within 7 years||All 3 articles are published within 7 years||2 articles are published within 7 years||Only 1 article is published within 7 years||No articles are published within 7 years|
|Use of primary research articles||All 3 articles are primary sources||2 articles are primary sources||Only 1 article is primary source||No articles are primary sources|
|Study purpose||Study purpose is accurate for all 3 articles||Study purpose is accurate for 2 articles||Study purpose is accurate for 1 article||Study purpose is inaccurate for all 3 articles|
|Study method or design identified correctly||Method or design correctly identified in all 3 articles||Method or design correctly identified in 2 articles||Method or design correctly identified in 1 article||Method or design incorrect in all 3 articles|
|Population Description||Sample is described accurately in all 3 articles||Sample is described accurately in 2 articles||Sample is described accurately in 1 article||Sample is described inaccurately in all 3 articles|
|Intervention/Comparison||Intervention/Comparison described accurately in all applicable articles||Intervention/Comparison described accurately in most applicable articles||Intervention/Comparison described accurately in some applicable articles||Intervention/Comparison described inaccurately in all applicable articles|
|Outcomes: Data collection methods||Data collection method is accurate in all 3 articles||Data collection method is accurate in 2 articles||Data collection method is accurate in 1 article||Data collection method is inaccurate in all 3 articles|
|Outcomes: Findings||Findings accurate in all 3 articles||Findings accurate in 2 articles||Findings accurate in 1 article||Findings inaccurate in all 3 articles|
|Reference list in APA format||0 or 1 of the same error made||2 or 3 of the same errors made||4 or 6 of the same errors made||More than 6 of the same errors made|
|Spelling/grammar||0 or 1 spelling/grammar errors||2 or 3 spelling/grammar errors||4 or 6 spelling/grammar errors||More than 6 spelling/grammar errors|
|Attached PDF of full text of articles||All 3 article full text PDFS attached||2 article full text PDFS attached||1 article full text PDF attached||No article PDFs attached|
Methodology Matrix Template
Quantitative: Experimental/ Quasi-experimental Study
|Put an APA citation for your article.||Purpose||Study Design||Population: Describe the sample of the study (not the inclusion criteria) Who was in the study? How many people? Where was the study conducted?||Intervention/Comparison What was the intervention? What was the comparison or control? Be specific so that another person could duplicate it.||Outcomes: What are the DV in the study and how were they measured? If applicable, compare the baseline and follow-up statistics. Were these changes statistically and/or clinically significant?|
Quantitative: Non-Experimental Study
|Put an APA citation for your article.||Purpose||Study Design||Population: Describe the sample of the study (not the inclusion criteria) Who was in the study? How many people? Where was the study conducted?||Outcomes: What are the DV in the study and how were they measured? Were these changes statistically and/or clinically significant?|
|Put an APA citation for your article.||Purpose||Study Design||Population: Describe the sample of the study (not the inclusion criteria) Who was in the study? How many people? Where was the study conducted?||Outcomes: How was the data collected? What were the themes?|
Week 5 of 7. Assignment 2: Methodology Matrix is due this week. You will be required to use three primary articles from assignment 1 for this article. If your feedback states none of your articles were primary articles, please choose new articles related to your topic. You can choose to change your PICO question. If you need help determining if an article is a primary article, please email me and I will assist you. Primary articles include research that was conducted by the author. If the article says literature review, meta-analysis, or systematic review, it’s not primary. Look at the methods area of the article, if it’s missing, it’s likely not primary. There are articles provided to assist you and an example of the assignment.
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.