ASSESSMENT BRIEF AND MARKING RUBRIC
Module title: Marketing in a Digital Age and Corporate Social Responsibility (MK7040)
Assessment point: Assessment point 2 (Week 12)
Assessment task: Reflective Essay
Word count limit: 3000 words +/- 10% (excluding references and appendices) Width: 50% of overall module grade
Procedure in the event of illness or other valid cause (extenuating circumstances)
If you believe that:
• your performance in assessment or reassessment has been impaired, or;
• you were unable to attend for an assessment or reassessment, or;
• you were unable to submit assessed or reassessed work by the scheduled date due to illness or other valid cause (as defined in the Procedures Governing Extenuating Circumstances), may submit an application for extenuation for the relevant component(s) to Unicaf Extenuating Circumstances team (email@example.com).
*Once a component has been capped, extenuation does not uncap it.
Academic misconduct including plagiarism
Ensure that you are familiar with the relevant regulations regarding academic misconduct. By submitting the assignment, you declare that it is your own work and that the material and sources of information used, including internet sources, have been fully identified and properly acknowledged. In addition, you confirm that the presented work has not been submitted for any other assessment. You also acknowledge that the faculty reserves the right to investigate allegations of plagiarism and other forms of academic misconduct which, if proven and dependent on the severity level of the offence, may result in a penalty that could affect your progress.
By submitting your work, you acknowledge that you have read and agreed with the above statements.
Your assignment should be MS Word processed (handwritten assignments are not accepted), using Times New Roman size 12 font, double spaced, with numbered pages and your student number printed as a footer on every page. Note this is a report supported by academic research so you should adhere to the appropriate referencing guidance. The word limit stated for this assignment excludes the list of references at the end of the assignment but includes all text in the main body of the assignment (including direct quotations, in-text citations, footnotes, tables, diagrams and graphs). Please be aware that exceeding the word limit will affect the academic judgement of the piece of work and may result in the award of a lower mark. Appendices are not considered a supplement and will not be assessed as part of the content of the assignment. As such, they will not contribute to the grade awarded; however, it may be appropriate to use an Appendices section for any material which is a useful reference for the reader. Please note that appendices are not included in the word count. The majority of references should come from secondary sources (e.g. journal articles, conference papers, reports, etc.) although you can also utilise area specific textbooks. You must ensure that you use the Harvard style of referencing. Please indicate the word count length at the end of your assignment.
Marking and assessment
This assignment will be marked out of 100% and contributes to 50% of the total module mark. The pass mark is 50%. Nevertheless, in order to pass this module, you must both achieve an aggregate mark of 50% and also meet the assignment threshold marks. For the purposes of passing a module each assignment has a threshold mark of 40%.
The marking rubric is attached, which offers guidance on the assessment criteria and weighting.
There will be a stipulated deadline date for all assignments. All assignments will need to be submitted by the set time on the stipulated deadline date. Assignments submitted up to 24
hours late will be accepted, but the assignment mark will be subject to a deduction of 5 marks from the mark awarded.
Learning outcomes applied in this assessment
1. develop a critical understanding of major concepts, frameworks, and methods in marketing and corporate social responsibility, and assess their application in the business environment, including brand value. (IC) (SID) (EID)
4. critically evaluate marketing strategies, including digital marketing solutions – in different business contexts, and address their implications including ethical issues, and reflect on the significance of key historical events. (IC) (DP) (SID) (CID) (CC)
6. critically assess currently implemented corporate social responsibility solutions and recognise the links between the adoption of certain solutions and the performance of business operations. (IC) (SID) (CID) (CC)9. collect, analyze and synthesize data; and take a problem-solving approach to strategic thinking, and creativity.
7. adopt a persuasive argumentation, and present it in verbal or written communication. (UGB) (EID)
Provide a critical self-reflection essay of the process of completing assignment 1
For completing this Task successfully, you must summarize all the academic knowledge you receive from the module’s content and professional benefits you received while critically analysed the case study/company selected including strategic implications and strategic business
issues, during the development of summative assignment 1 during the 6th Week of this module.
The indicators of a good reflection are:
- Ø It is personal to you
- Ø It is clear how the learning relates to your role or prepares for a future role
- Ø It outlines the content and method of the learning activity
- Ø It describes how your knowledge, skills and attributes have developed as a result of the learning activity.
- Ø It identifies any further gaps or learning you did not cover and how you might fill these.
- Ø It describes how your current practice might change as a result
- Ø It indicates how you will use knowledge acquired for your career benefit
You can approach your Self-Reflective writing as per the four stages below:
- What did I expect to learn?
- What did I learn?
- What will I do differently after forwards?
- My actions and next steps
A strong Assignment Critical Reflection Requires addressing the following issues:
- Ø High personal effectiveness: Critical self-awareness;
- Ø Self-reflection and self-management;
- Ø Time management;
- Ø Sensitivity to diversity in people and different situations and
- Ø The ability to continue to learn through reflection on practice and experience.
As this is a self-reflective practice essay, within your writing you can use the first person such as ‘I’ or ‘we’.
Note the suggested structure for
Content to cover
General background on the
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.