To what extent has Reconstruction, the Civil Rights movement of the 1950s and 1960s, and the recent Black Lives Matter movement influenced the American journey towards fulfilling the ideal that “all men are created equal”?
Important: Please pay special attention to the information below:
- Don’t forget your background sentences. Background information provides your reader the context needed to understand the overall theme. Start with a hook to get your reader interested, address the historical period you will be discussing, and provide needed definitions. You only need approximately 3-4 sentences.
- Your thesis statement should be the last sentence in your introduction. Your thesis statement could be something similar to this, “Reconstruction, the Civil Rights movement, and Black Lives Matter did more to damage the concept that ‘all men are created equal’ than it did to further it” or, “Reconstruction, the Civil Rights movement, and Black Lives Matter have all helped move America closer to the ideal that ‘all men are created equal.’ “
- Then, in your body paragraphs, discuss each of the topics: Reconstruction, the Civil Rights movement, and Black Lives Matter making sure to connect the information on each topic back to the thesis statement (your argument).
- Your conclusion should restate your thesis in a fresh and interesting way and wrap up your argument. This should 4-6 sentences.
Other things to keep in mind:
- Your introduction will be worth a maximum of 15 points, each body paragraph will be worth a maximum of 25 points each, and your conclusion will be worth a maximum of 10 points.
- Do not write in first or second person. (Don’t use “I”, “me”, “we”, “you”, etc.) For example, instead of saying, “I believe that there were major political, social, and economic ramifications of Reconstruction” you would just say, “There were major political, social, and economic ramifications of Reconstruction”
- This essay should largely be in your own words. Use direct quotations sparingly. If you do quote something directly, please make sure to place the quotation in quotation marks and to cite it parenthetically (in-text). No quotation should be over one sentence long. You should have no more than two quotations in your entire essay.
- If you paraphrase another author, please also cite your work parenthetically.
- Do not forget to include your full citation information at the end of your essay.
- Two sources must be used in addition to the textbook (that means three sources). Parenthetical in-text documentation as well as a works cited page are required. This should be done in MLA format. MLA Formatting and Style Guide (https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/01/ )
- Please complete this assignment in an MS Word document and upload it into the course. If you have questions about how to upload a file please take a look at How to Submit a Written Assignment in Blackboard.
- Your essay should be approximately 750 words (please do not go over 1,000 words). Please include a word count at the bottom. This work should be double spaced.
- NO PLAGIARISM
- Cite resources in MLA
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.