Strategic planning can be done with the use of a variety of planning tools. The tools that you use in the planning process will depend on what is being planned and the end product desired.
Chapter 4 in Essentials of Strategic Planning in Healthcare (2nd ed.) identifies two tools in the strategic planning process—SWOT analysis and Gap analysis.
In a 3- to 4-page paper, complete the following:
- Part 1
- Explain in detail the use of SWOT and Gap analysis.
- Conduct additional research; identify and explain at least 2 additional strategic tools that can be used in health care strategic planning.
- Part 2
- Choose a health care organization that you are familiar with and complete a SWOT analysis answering the following questions:
- Identify the organization.
- What does the organization do well?
- Is the organization strong in its market? (Do research and support with evidence.)
- Does the organization have a strong mission and vision supported by its culture?
- What does the organization do poorly?
- What problems could be avoided?
- What potential difficulties does the organization might face?
- What industry trends can the organization adopt? (Do research, support with evidence, provide sources.)
- Are there any new technologies the organization could employ?
- Who are the organization’s competitors? (Use specific examples from your organization’s marketplace.)
- What are the competitors doing well?
- What obstacles might the organization face?
Note: Answers to the questions should not be simply yes or no. Detailed answers are required.
In your scholarly paper, you should include an introduction and conclusion paragraph.
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to justify/support your analysis.
- Limit your response to a maximum of 4 pages, not including the title or reference pages.
- Support your proposal with peer-reviewed articles, with at least 3 references. Use the following link for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals:
Angelo State University Library. (n.d.). Library guides: How to recognize peer-reviewed (refereed) journals. Retrieved from https://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php
- You may use the following source to assist in formatting your assignment:
Purdue Online Writing Lab. (n.d.). General APA guidelines. Retrieved from https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
All papers are written by ENL (US, UK, AUSTRALIA) writers with vast experience in the field. We perform a quality assessment on all orders before submitting them.
We provide plagiarism reports for all our custom written papers. All papers are written from scratch.
Contact us anytime, any day, via any means if you need any help. You can use the Live Chat, email, or our provided phone number anytime.
Get your money back if your paper is not delivered on time or if your instructions are not followed.